Little Bird

"Fuck you!" She screamed.

I deserved it. I deserved to be yelled at. I hurt her over and over again, and I knew it. She just wanted to love me and I wouldn't let her. She deserved so much better.

"Robin..." I started.

"Don't you 'Robin' me, Victor." She interrupted, "Why are you doing this? Its hurting you too."

"Because you deserve better! You deserve better than me. I can't do anything for you." I blurted. I didn't mean to tell her any of that.

The truth was I wanted her to hate me. I knew that was the only way I could ever leave her. The only way she'd ever move on from me. I wasn't good for her.

"There is nothing better for me. You know me. There's no one else who will put up with me the way you do, Tor. So please stop this bullshit." She sighed.

She was always too smart for me. Part of why I don't deserve her.

I stayed quiet.

"Tori, come on. Say something. Don't leave me like this again." Robin was close to tears.

I hated seeing her cry. I hated being the reason she was crying. Which is why she wins every fight.

"Okay" I said.

"Okay?" She asked.

"You win, Birdie" I say, calling her an old nickname of hers, "I'll 'stop this bullshit.'"

"I love you." Robin said.

"I love you too."

Robin threw herself at me, and I caught her in a hug and spun her around.

I never tried to push her away after that. She wouldn't let me.

Everyone with eyes knew I loved this little bird, including her. I couldn't deny it or her anymore.