Free from the clutches

The conclusion of the wedding brought a chilling silence to the arena. As the final victor, Adrian stepped forward, and the delicate girl, a symbol of fleeting innocence, was handed over to him. In his strong, tattooed arms, he held her with a paradoxical gentleness that belied the harsh reality of their surroundings.

As Adrian stood victorious on the stage, the bride retreated back to Henry, kneeling and pleading with him to spare her from the impending marriage. Henry, indifferent to her pleas, urged Adrian to join them on stage and proceed with the ceremony. The subdued Mad Dog clenched his fists, nursing the sting of embarrassment from losing in front of the gathered crowd.

Undeterred by the pressure, the bride, her voice trembling yet determined, firmly declared that she wouldn't go through with the marriage. Henry, enraged by her defiance, prepared to strike her once more. However, before he could deliver the blow, Adrian stepped forward, interposing himself between Henry and the bride.

"She is mine now," Adrian declared, his tone unwavering. Henry, reluctantly, withdrew, signaling to one of his men. As Adrian shielded the bride, a mixture of surprise and gratitude flickered in her eyes. It was a rare instance of someone protecting her, a gesture unfamiliar in her life.

Despite this fleeting moment of trust forming within her, she quickly shook off those emotions, reminding herself that Adrian, like the others, might treat her no differently than her family had. As the tension lingered, two men dragged an older woman onto the stage - Petunia, the woman who had raised Elena, the bride. She was the sole source of love and care in her life, a precious figure now thrust into this tumultuous scene.

As the threat to Petunia hung in the air, Elena, fearing for her guardian's life, pleaded with Henry to spare her. She trembled as she spoke, expressing her willingness to proceed with the forced marriage if only Petunia could be spared from a gruesome fate. A triumphant smile crept across Henry's face at his perceived victory.

Witnessing Elena's distress, Adrian extended a helping hand, which she reluctantly accepted, her tear-filled eyes betraying the turmoil within

Witnessing Elena's distress, Adrian extended a helping hand, which she reluctantly accepted, her tear-filled eyes betraying the turmoil within. Together, they ascended the stage, exchanged rings, and recited their wedding vows under the forced auspices of the ceremony. The priest declared them husband and wife, setting the stage for the customary kiss.

Elena, wide-eyed and hesitant, nodded in slight denial. Adrian, holding her firmly by the waist, placed his hand on her cheek and leaned in. Her heart raced, and she tried unsuccessfully to push him away. Adrian, respecting her resistance, whispered reassuringly in her ear, "Stop struggling. I won't do something you don't want." Feeling a slight relenting in her strength, Adrian feigned a kiss, using the angle to create an illusion for the onlooking audience, and then withdrew.

As the forced wedding ceremony concluded, Henry declared its end, instructing everyone to disperse. The culmination of stress and emotional turmoil proved too much for Elena, causing her to suddenly faint. In that critical moment, a pair of strong arms swiftly caught her, cradling her delicate form.