The Business Beneath

Adrian, after leaving the Wang house, made his way to the Shadow Gang's main house. His steps were deliberate, leading him straight into the familiar meeting room. Before long, Oscar entered, ready to brief Adrian about the day's affairs. In the dimly lit room, plans and strategies were discussed, the weight of decisions hanging in the air.

After the meeting concluded, Adrian left the room and headed towards his own house within the compound. He approached the door and knocked. Petunia opened the door, and a brief greeting passed between them. Adrian inquired about Elena's condition. Petunia, with a mix of gratitude and concern in her eyes, informed him that Elena had awakened for a while but had returned to sleep after taking her prescribed medicines. The air within the house carried a certain tension, a delicate balance between the harsh realities of their world and the newfound hope Petunia harbored.

 The air within the house carried a certain tension, a delicate balance between the harsh realities of their world and the newfound hope Petunia harbored

Adrian, with the weight of responsibilities on his shoulders, entered his study and reached for a book, immersing himself in the solace of words. However, his brief respite was interrupted by the ring of his phone, signaling an incoming call from Oscar. He answered promptly, his tone reflecting the no-nonsense attitude that often accompanied his role.

Oscar conveyed that it was time for the meeting, and Adrian acknowledged with a simple "I am coming" before ending the call. Rising from his seat, he left the study, grabbing his car keys as he prepared to face the demands of the impending discussion. Just as he was about to leave, Petunia stopped him, expressing her need to return to the main house for her belongings.

In his characteristic way, Adrian addressed her concerns, advising her to stay with the bride for the time being. He assured her that he would facilitate her retrieval of belongings when he returned, emphasizing the importance of not leaving the bride alone in her current condition. Petunia nodded in understanding as Adrian exited the house, starting his car and driving toward the forthcoming meeting.

 Petunia nodded in understanding as Adrian exited the house, starting his car and driving toward the forthcoming meeting

Adrian, a commanding presence, arrived at a tall building in the bustling city. Stepping out of his car, he was met with a group of people, including Oscar. Together, they entered the building, and Adrian made his way to the elevator. The seventh floor was their destination, and as the doors opened, they proceeded to an office.