Chp.1: Concern For Ratchet

(AN: My lombax oc rex will be in this fanfic)

3rd Person P.O.V

It had been a year sense Alister had defeated Tachyon for good and as a result the lombaxes that wished to stay had started rebuilding the old lombax city. Upon the agreement the first official decision of the new council was to build a remembrance hall that contained the names of every single lombax that had fallen in the craigmite war. The Photos that could be found of those lost were added next to their name along with their title that they had in life. Be it a parent, soldier, citizen or anything in between they were all included.

In the other dimension ratchet was visiting and helping rivet with her own rebuild of her hideout upon her request. The morts had been very welcoming to Ratchet and clank and had even made them a second home on their Sargasso for when the two were visiting. After Tachyon was defeated alister had taken up his role as Ratchet's uncle as Kaden had wished when Ratchet had first been born and had taken his rightful place as Rivet's father as best he could however with them both basically growing up far too soon because of what was tossed their way they both got a bit defensive when concern was shown their way and resulted in arguments.

One such argument was had earlier in the week while Rivet was with Kit back in her dimension to wrangle up trudi's kids who had reached the rambunctious age of two years old and were exploring higher perches and in turn giving their mom a scare in doing so.

During the same day Ratchet had been showing signs of fatigue as if he hadn't slept well the night before and as a result Alister had went to ask if anything was wrong and simply got a head shake answering "no" before Ratchet went to grab some food. Later on in the same day Rex had accidentally dropped some medium sized pipes which resulted in a loud clanging sound when they hit the ground which seemed to trigger Ratchet as he had instantly went on the defensive and had his wrench out ready to attack the percieved threat.

It had taken a few minutes of silence as Rex and Ratchet simply staring at each other with rex making sure Ratchet recognized him while Ratchet took some time to register his surroundings before Ratchet eventually relaxed his stance and placed his wrench back in the holster before apologizing and helping Rex pick up the pipes.

Alister had been in the same room at the time and when he relized what Rex was doing he had follwed Rex's example of not moving while inwardly a great level of concern came to the front of Alister's mind seeing that Ratchet had nearly attacked Rex of it hadn't been for the stare off and the patience of Rex not moving until Ratchet relized where he was and wasn't in any danger.

After the stare off and the two had gotten the pipes to where they were needed alister had once again approached Ratchet again however this time Ratchet seemed to expect this as he turned around and once again explained he was fine and that he didn't need watched over like a young kid just learning to express themselves in their own way.

He stated that he had lived without an adult for years and fended for himself sense he was a teenager. Alister for his part went to try to get Ratchet to understand he was just trying to help and was concerned for him and didn't want him to become fearful of letting people in unlike himself who had regretted not letting people in. that choice of words was not the smartest on Alister's part however as Ratchet had reminded him of every villain he had fought and meantioned several close calls of being at death's door and the few betrayals he had been through.

as a result his own statements added wood to his own flame as Ratchet's restraint finally snapped and had admitted he had been suffering nightmares unlike any he's ever had and as a result scratched Rivet's arm and Clank's chassis. he was only subdued when Rivet rubbing at a spot on his neck as if she knew the calming button on instinct which snapped him out of whatever frenzied state he was in and had him basically like jelly in her arms as he had fallen back to sleep in her hold after he had apologized several times to both her and clank.

Soon after Ratchet let all that out and was panting from the outburst he had quietly apologized to alister before running out of the cave that had become a temporary shelter and disappearing into a different part of fastoon. Soon after the blow up of ratchet's emotions Rivet had returned from a task she was on and though she was very confused when she got the rundown of what happened she had offered to go and find Ratchet to make sure he didn't do something dumb and clank had decided to tag along while kit decided to stay with alister and the others as a sort of communication link just in case backup was needed for any reason.

It had only taken Rivet and clank maybe twenty minutes to locate Ratchet as he was attacking chunks of rock with his wrench at the time and was in the process of chucking the pieces he could carry into the canyon below his current location before he spotted Rivet and instead of hacking at more rock he simply sat where he was and put himself in a position Rivet and clank were becoming all too familiar with.

Ratchet's head was on his knees and his ears were down as tear tracks were going down his fuzzy face and appeared angry at himself for crying but, both Rivet and clank knew there was more going on and decided it was best to leave it be and simply be there for him while he got himself back together.

It was well into the evening when the three finally got back to the cave and Ratchet must of fallen asleep and as he was on Rivet's back piggyback style while Clank walked next to her when Alister saw them return and alister knew that he and Ratchet's friends were in for the long haul to try to help Ratchet Through what he was going through no matter how long it took.