Return To Base

*Alister's P.O.V*

By the time me and ratchet finished our food it had become dark and those that loved the night life were out. Though I would of preferred staying in the alley away from the eyes of the other lombaxes I could tell ratchet was starting to get cold as he was shivering slightly and that's when I remembered his fur wasn't as thick as my own and that the desert around us became very cold when the sun went down. Remembering this I knew I had to leave the alley to get ratchet somewhere warmer as even on Veldin the desert didn't get as cold as Fastoon does. With that in mind I had helped ratchet up and had let him hold on to me as I knew he would need the support and also the fact that I ran warmer then him do to being more adaptable to cold environments so I could keep him from freezing as we made our way back to base.

It was only after we got back to base that I had let ratchet go and had thanked him again for looking for me and bringing some food as I had admitted as we walked along the way that I probably would have stayed out until the sun rose the next day if he hadn't. Ratchet's posture was all I needed to see to know he wouldn't of allowed that to happen. He would of gone looked for me and likely would of ran himself ragged until he had located me again which was both enduring but, it was also concerning.

Because of his need to find his friends I often wondered just how many of his adventures ended up with him in the hospital or on bed rest at home though if I was being honest thinking of Ratchet ever being in those situations again makes me uncomfortable even though I was well aware that he has faced death more times then most people ever experience in a lifetime before even the clock incident just from the scars under ratchet's fur that I could see through his thin fur.

I wasn't able to linger on that thought however because I was soon hugged by my daughter tightly who I had hugged back and nuzzled her forehead like I've seen multiple parents do for their kits which earned me a giggle and a playful shove of my shoulder before she went over and hugging ratchet then had pulled him into a quick kiss before nuzzling his cheek which to my surprise earned her very deep purrs from ratchet before he gently kissed back as their tails entwined with each other. As the two did their own thing I honestly hadn't expected ratchet's purrs to be so deep though I found myself smiling at the two and had decided it was best I left them to their own devices.

After leaving the two lovebaxes I had gone to the common area in the base and had made myself a cup of breegus tea before taking a seat in a more secluded area of the area to enjoy the rest of my evening and hoped my sleep was free of more debilitating nightmares when I went to the bed for the night.