Chapter Five

I turn around and see the blonde that had pushed me aside. And wow she was gorgeous, she made me feel ugly. Her eyes were pale blue and her hair a golden blonde and really silky, she was a bit taller than me. By the look on her face she was mad.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask calmly.

"Actually you can, stay away from Colten. He's mine." She tells me putting her hands on her waist.

I roll my eyes. "You don't tell me what to do. And I don't see your name on him."

I already try to stay away from Colten and he always finds me. But I wasn't going to tell her that. She could have him for all I care.

"You think you're so funny, you better wipe that smile off your face." She takes a step closer to me, which just made me feel short due to her tallness. "If you know what's best for you stay away from him." She threatens.

I walk past her bumping her shoulder. "I'm not doing this. Look I don't want anything with Colten I barely know him. You can have him for all I care."

She laughs. "Oh you really think I'm going to believe you. I know how girls are around him."

When I told her that, I was actually serious. I never had intentions to even get close to him.

"Um you're stupid." I probably shouldn't have said that but it just came out.

I start to walk away and then stop when I feel my hair being pulled back. She started pulling my hair. "Stop-ow!" I scream.

I've never been in this situation. Im always the nice girl with good grades that didn't get in fights. So the only thing I could do was pull her hair back. She starts to scream. Somehow we end up on the ground and she on top of me trying to hit me.

God why?

So I used all my strength to roll over and be on top of her. I didn't eant to hit her; i just wanted to grab her her arms ao we can stop. I did not want to fight.

Then I felt someone lift me up and put me behind him. It was Colten. He did the same with the blonde girl but put her in front of him. She tried to reach over to me and hit me but he stopped her. "Rachel what the hell is wrong with you?"

"This bitch, she needs to know what's mine."

"Go back to the party or leave ok, we're done we've been done for a long time."

She looks at him and then at me. Rachel gives me the death stare but leaves.

Colten turns to me looking at my face. "Did she hurt you?"

"No I'm alright, how's my face do I have any scratches or bruises." I didn't really let her hit my face but maybe one punch might have hit me.

"No you're face is beautiful like always," I roll my eyes at that, "but your hair is a bit messy." He laughs, "turn around you have some grass in your hair too, I'll take it off."

When he took most of it out I took a brush out of my bag and brushed my hair. The waves were no longer there so my hair went back to its normal straight.

The whole time Colten is just looking at me.

I look at him. "What?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing, you're just beautiful that's all."

If he wasn't the player type I might have thought that was sweet.

It was quiet for a few seconds. "You know it's your fault why she started fighting me." I say, sitting again on the fountain.

He takes a seat next to me and laughs. "I could see that. It was kind of hot."

I punch his shoulder lightly. "Is she your girlfriend or what."

"Ex girlfriend, we broke up a few months ago. I guess she's still not over me, I mean I know I'm attractive but she has to realize we're done." He smirks.

"She think I like you or something. She's all threatening me to stay away from you blah blah."

"Are you going to stay form me?"
He grins raising an eyebrow.

"I know even if I wanted to your going to end up finding me somewhere and not leave me alone."

He laughs, "you are probably right."

"So why did you break up with her? She's gorgeous."

"Beauty isn't everything you know."

I laugh. "That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"Well in my case it different I'm me."

"No but seriously what happened?"

"She's crazy I guess. I don't know, I was just not feeling it with her."
He turns to me. "Let's not talk about her, so I heard you're coming to Ellington now."

I nod. "Yeah, we moved and i didn't want to keep going to Silverstone."

"Why?"

There was just one big reason why, but I wasn't going to tell him why. I couldn't tell anyone about it. I wanted to start a new school where know one knew my past.

I shrug. "I'm just tired of it. The teachers dont teach very good." I lied.

"Don't tell me you're one of those 4.0 students."

I laugh and shake my head. "No, I'm a 4.5 student." Yes, I am proud to say that I'm really smart or try to be.

"I'm close I'm a 4.3 student."

I laugh again. "Sure you are."

"Really I am, you're hurting my feelings."

For some reason I believed him.

"You know I'm a really good tour guide, I can show you around school."

"So Rachel can come and fight me again? No thank you. And people will think I like you."

Colten chuckles. "Oh you know you like me."

Actually lowkey I did like him, not in the I want to date him like but like a friend. He wasn't that bad, he actually made me laugh. He was a pretty cool guy to hang around with.

"You wish."

"Don't worry you dont have to admit right now." He winks.

"I think it's time to go back inside." The party was still going on. Even from outside I can hear the comotion of all the people.

"Ok, but I see your just trying to avoid that you like me."

"Whatever you say," I say about to open the door.

But then he grabs my waist and pulls me to him.

"Colten what are you-"

He points above us. "Mistletoe, you know what that means."

I stay quiet not knowing what to do. He cups my face in his hands and looks right into my eyes. He starts to lean in and my heart starts to race. I realized that I actually wanted him to kiss me but I didn't let myself. I looked down and then opened the door and went to the party leaving him there at the door.