caving

Chaeyoung was sitting alone on a single table in the canteen, earphones plugged into her phone and her nose buried in one of her textbooks.

Her surprisingly free hands helped her mouth slurp up the noodles she had been craving all morning.

She didn't mind being alone— well, she didn't really have any friends so being alone wasn't necessarily a choice she specifically made but it was a choice she chose to abide by.

And, no, she didn't have any friends because of bullying. In fact, a lot of people admired her willingness to learn and her high grades. She had transferred over in the middle of the year and assumed everyone already had their designated friend groups so she decided it was best to just wait for the new year.

From the corner of her eye, she could see a young woman approaching her. Taking a quick glance, Chaeyoung could only sigh as the class clown, Kim Jisoo took prideful strides towards her, her own friend group giggling behind her.

Kim Jisoo was someone who wasn't bothered about her learning but still (somehow) managed to achieve high grades. Due to this talent, she goofed around a lot and often got into trouble for playing mindless pranks or saying silly things.

Whether it was for reputation or to have a little laugh, Chaeyoung didn't admire it.

"Hey, Chaengie," Said the brunette, pulling out a chair for herself and practically shoving her phone in the blonde's face.

Removing an earphone, Chaeyoung raised a brow.

"Can I have your number?" Jisoo asked, taking a glance at her friend group before she couldn't hold in her laughter.

Chaeyoung gently moved Jisoo's hand down, frowning at the brunette whose demeanour immediately changed when she noticed the blonde's disappointment.

"Jisoo, I really dont want to be involved in one of your sick pranks." Her tone of voice was serious and Jisoo could only look in confusion, the subtle blush from her cheeks disappearing. "This is cruel, pretending to want someone's number can seriously harm them."

"What?" Jisoo asked, shuffling around in her seat. She pouted, saying something that caught the blonde off-guard. "Im not pretending. I really do want your number, I think you're cute."

Chaeyoung felt a sudden wave of warmth and a little guilt as she watched Jisoo frown and pout. She didn't know if she could trust her though, her friends were still snickering behind her.

Jisoo could sense the hesitation and Chaeyoung bit her lip in thought as her eyes continued to wander off to the people laughing behind her.

"They aren't laughing at you," Jisoo said, reassuringly. Her hand came in contact with the blonde and although she flinched a little, she didn't move away. There was something soft about her gentle touch that contradicted her usual act. "They're laughing at me. I've been trying to talk to you since you joined, but I've been too scared to do so."

That was when Chaeyoung scoffed. "You? Scared? Please, I can't even believe this." She started to gather her stuff after moving away from her tingling hand. She had momentarily believed Jisoo, but she didn't want to be a part of her silly game.

"Hey, I'm being dead-ass," replied the brunette, more serious than ever. Chaeyoung stopped when Jisoo reached out again, looking into her eyes with worry. "Look, how about you give me your number and I take you on a date? If you don't feel even a little charmed by me, then I will not talk to you ever again. But, if you do, then I'll take you out to a few more and see where that takes us."

There was something comforting in that plan.

And for the first (and certainly not the last) time, Chaeyoung caved into Jisoo's antics.

"Hey, Chaengie, have you seen my—"

Jisoo was cut off with a kiss from the blonde as she descended the stairs to their shared house.

Chaeyoung pulled away, hands resting on her wife's protruding stomach, happy to be attending their baby's first-ever doctor's appointment.

"I love you," She said, pressing another kiss to Jisoo's lips.

Coming down the stairs, Chaeyoung walked past their graduation photo and that was when the memories flooded her brain. The time Jisoo had taken her out, the time she shyly asked her out in front of her friends, the time they announced their relationship to the school— it was so sudden but so worth it.

Jisoo chuckled, holding onto the blonde for support as she fixed something on her pants. She looked up at Chaeyoung, smiling coyly.

"So, if you're that charmed by me, will you buy me some takeout?"

Chaeyoung laughed.

"Of course, baby."

And again, she caved.