v-day (late SOS)

Alone.

That's how Chaeyoung usually spent the most important days of her life— her birthday, the anniversary of her and her wife and now, she was sitting in bed on Valentine's Day... alone.

Her wife, Jisoo, had always been a hard worker and with the sudden increase in sales of her business, she had been ever so busy. Chaeyoung was lucky if she even got a glimpse of her wife or shared dinner with her. The blonde worked too but her work was much more flexible and she often found herself sitting in bed, missing her wife.

In fact, Jisoo usually left a note or a gift on these important days. On Chaeyoung's birthday, she had bought her wife a new Range Rover, apologising with flowers and a sweet note in the front seat. On their anniversary, Jisoo had left a sticky note on the fridge, letting her wife know about the reservations she had made that she would totally attend, only to leave Chaeyoung stood up and humiliated.

But, today— a day so important for couples, there was no sign of Jisoo or her happy little touch around the house they shared.

Chaeyoung could only sit in bed and ponder, her phone in her lap as she waited for a text or a call to apologise for the mishap. But there was no sign of Jisoo remembering. She fondled with the small gift she had bought her wife. It was a small ring, the day they got married engraved on the stone she had picked out in Jisoo's favourite colour— purple.

Sighing, she placed it on the nightstand and picked up her phone. Chaeyoung contemplated sending a message to remind her wife, but she could only stare into their loving messages with hurt in her eyes.

Chaeng:
When are you coming home?

Maybe if Jisoo would come home a little early today, the blonde could prepare (order) themselves a romantic dinner and light a few candles to set the mood. Or, she could plan a night doing some fun activities the couple had been missing out on: movies, games, massages, baking. The list was endless.

Chaeyoung's phone buzzed after she thought of all the things she and her wife could do.

Jisoo ♥️:
I'll have to stay overnight to finish this, is everything okay? I miss you.

Roseanne groaned, not bothering to reply to her wife's message as she tossed her phone to the side and decided to lay back down in bed and get comfy.

Maybe she could just sleep this cursed day away and wake up with her wife holding her, but there was no sign of that! She hated Jisoo's busy days but what she hated more was the fact that her wife constantly chose work over them.

And, at first, it never bothered her. In fact, it made her feel happy to know that Jisoo knew their love was limitless and that a few full days of work couldn't break their marriage. But now? There were no other words to describe these constant days but annoying.

Chaeyoung's phone started to vibrate and the blonde would be lying if she didn't jump towards her phone to see if it was her wife. Disappointingly, but not surprisingly, it wasn't.

Instead, it was Lisa. Chaeyoung answered, making sure to clear her throat of the sadness that was in her voice.

"Hello?" Horrible, is the only thought she could think of. On Valentine's Day, the first voice she heard was Lisa's. The first person she had spoken to was Lisa. Not even her wife wishes to call her and wish her good morning.

"Morning, Rosie. How are you?"

"I'm doing good. Is everything alright?" Lisa and her girlfriend Jennie had the luxury of seeing each other every day and whilst it called for arguments, Chaeyoung couldn't help but envy them.