[ 22 ]

--- Flashback of Kwon Jia's Life ---

❥ 1st Year

Arriving at school, Jia sat at her desk, slumped over with her face buried into a small little pillow she brought with her. Sumin, sitting to the girls left, frowned, not knowing how to possibly help her best friend.

She rubbed the girls back to comfort her.

In recent times, Jia felt like her life was falling apart. It happened so quickly within the same year. Jia didn't even know it was possible. She went from a sunny life to one that poured rain all over her.

Her parents were going through financial issues. She offered to get a job to help, but they told her not to, to live her teenage years as a teen rather than working at the age of 16. With all of this, she felt like she was somewhat disappointing her parents.

Before everything fell, she'd come home everyday after school to tell her parents about how her day way, she would even brag about Hyunho to them.

--- Flashback ---

❥ Beginning of 1st Year

"Jia, you're home?" Her mother called out since she heard the door close. "Yes, I am!" Jia ran in. "Someone's bright today." Her mother smiled suspiciously towards her. "Hyunho asked me to go to his basketball game today. Can I go!?" Jia as excitedly with a puppy dog eyes.

"Jia, we have family coming over today." Her mother said. "But mom!" Jia nagged. "Jia." Her mom gave a small laugh. "What's going on? Why do I hear whining?" Her father walked in. "Jia wants to go to her boyfriends basketball game." Her younger sister teased.

"Yah, you rat." Jia called her out. "Boyfriend?" Her dad questioned her. "She's talking about Jang Hyunho." Jia replied. "Oh, Hyunho." Her father nodded. "Boyfriend?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Dad!" Jia whined. "He's not my boyfriend... Sadly..." Jia pouted.

"But, he asked me to go to his basketball game tonight. Can I please go?" Jia locked her hands together as she begged to her dad. "Jia." He sighed as he sat down at the dinner table. "We have family coming over and you need to hang out with your cousins." He said.

"Who said that?" Jia furrowed her eyebrows. "I can see them any time and any day I want, but I can't miss Hyunho's game." She said. "Yah, Kwon Jia." Her dad chuckled. "You're gonna miss family time for a boy?" He asked her. "Quite frankly... Yes." She said confidently.

"Listen. I love you guys. I love our cousins, our aunts, uncles, everyone! But!" She held up a finger at her dad. "I already told you guys before..." She said. "Told us what?" Her mom asked. 

"I told you guys, last year, in 8th grade. Hyunho told me was gonna start playing basketball in high school, which is now, and we promised each other that I'd go to all of his games and support him!" Jia jumped, not knowing to be excited about talking about Hyunho, or upset because she had to plead over and over.

"Please dad!" Jia stomped in the same place. "Sumin's going!" She pleaded. "I already had it planned to go to his game. I already bought a ticket! And if I have to, I'll pay for Sanju's ticket so he could go with me!" Jia said.

"Jia." Her father laughed, can't believing all the things he was seeing and hearing from the girl.

"Please! You guys do know I talk to Sanju a lot about Hyunho, right!? He wants to see him in real life!" She pleaded as she offered to take her favorite cousin with her. 

"Okay! Okay!" Her father gave in. "Really!?" Jia's eyes widened. "Ah! Thank you, dad!" Jia jumped as she hugged her father before taking out her phone and running up the stairs to her room.