The Mini Adventures of Reyna, Sanji and Crew: A Straw Hat Christmas

As a thank you for breaking 30k reads, I give you a special Christmas one-shot!

This story is technically a stand-alone from the Live Action and also features characters we haven't been introduced to yet in the Live Action.

If you watched the anime and/or read the manga, then you'll be up to date.

Might get a little spicy at some point, too.

Enjoy!

+++++

Reyna never celebrated Christmas.

Not much of a surprise, seeing as her childhood was one of the worst it could have possibly been. She never decorated the house she lived in, never sang Christmas carols, never wrapped presents, never made gingerbread houses, nor did she ever kiss anyone underneath the mistletoe. The closest thing to partaking in the holiday was Reyna watching the white snow fall from the sky, taking in its beauty as she walked through the neighborhood while returning home from the hospital.

As Reyna walked down the sidewalk, she watched the neighborhood children throw snowballs at one another, sing, and admire the lights and decorations decorated on the houses. In a way, she was jealous. The other children looked so happy and carefree. Why couldn't she celebrate such a magnificent time of year like the other children?

Reyna was sure the children would wake up in the morning with giant smiles on their faces. They would run downstairs to their Christmas trees where their parents would be waiting for them, also with giant smiles on their faces, to open presents. Afterward, at the end of the day, the families would join together at the dinner table for a festive Christmas meal.

It all sounded so wonderful and magical and joyous, and there was nothing more a young Reyna wanted to do than celebrate the merry occasion. Even if it was only once.

Such a dream would never happen. After her mother's death, Reyna gave up on the idea. There was nothing to be happy about, so why bother? She had more pressing matters to worry about anyway.

+++++

Reyna and Chopper were busy reorganizing the medical room. Someone thought it would be funny to go into their space and rearrange the books and supplies into the most random order he could think of. Neither of the two doctors were happy when they walked into the room that morning. Thankfully, it wasn't the biggest hassle in the world to fix, just an annoyance.

"Good thing that's over," Reyna sighed, wiping the sweat that beaded on her forehead. "The mess sure looked worse than it was when we first got here."

"I thought we would be here until Christmas," Chopper fell onto his back in the middle of the cleaned floor.

"You've celebrated Christmas before, Chopper?" Reyna asked.

"Oh, yes," the reindeer replied happily. "I love Christmas. Doctrine and I, well, everyone on Drum Island, celebrated it every year. You never celebrated Christmas before, Reyna?"

"Nope," Reyna answered simply.

"What?" Chopper exclaimed, jumping to his feet, arms stretched up high over his head in utter surprise. "How can you not celebrate Christmas?"

"I just never have," Reyna replied with a shrug.

Chopper's eyes widened to the size of saucers. Never celebrated Christmas, how was that possible? The reindeer rushed through the door and up the stairs to the kitchen where lunch was well underway.