introduction

THE GILDED AGE

CAST

Julius Alexander ⋆ District 2

Fletcher Hunt ⋆ District 7

SUMMARY

Turns out, winning the Hunger Games was the easy part.

Julius Alexander, citizen of District 2 and victor of the 72nd Hunger Games, thinks he has his entire life figured out. After being the youngest District 2 volunteer to win the Games, he sets out on his victory tour with impossibly high spirits and unshakable confidence.

That is, until he meets Fletcher Hunt. Victor of the 68th Hunger Games and a truly depressing guy to be around. After forming an odd bond with Fletcher, Julius begins to look back on his experiences with a different perspective, but the terror of it all doesn't truly hit him until the reaping of the 74th Hunger Games, where his brother Cato volunteers as tribute.

From surviving his own games, to watching his brother die, to being thrown back into the arena for a second time, it's safe to say Julius has a lot to be upset about. But Julius Alexander doesn't get upset. Instead, he gets angry.

Fletcher Hunt, weighed down by the things he'd been forced to do in order to survive, has a hard time pretending to be happy. He has an even harder time being forced to attend the banquets thrown in honor of the new victors. It's not entirely his fault, then, that he sulks in a corner of the room for most of the evening. It's Julius's fault, really, for approaching him in the first place.

But Fletcher likes Julius. Against all odds, and despite Julius's seemingly unshakable ego, Fletcher likes him. He likes him enough to keep meeting him, in the small moments of time that they're awarded together. He never imagined Julius liked him back in any similar capacity. Let alone enough to make sure that Fletcher would survive the Quarter Quell, no matter the cost.

WARNINGS

this story will include descriptions of violence, child death, murder, disease, and ptsd.