Chapter 5 - Failure

It's 7 in the morning, Seraph wakes up again. That nap really felt good, I suppose. He got up from Cone's sleeping body as he looked towards the patio doors, seeing the zombie that almost got a grasp on his tail sleeping on the wood floor that's in the front when you walk out to go to the snowy backyard. He approached the door as he unlocked it and slid it open a bit, taking a closer look at the snoozing zombie, he never saw not one zombie sleep before. He stepped out and got in the snow a bit to get in front of the zombie's face, crouching down he finally realized that was the zombie he was talking about...

they had a full set of brown hair down to their shoulders, a brown and tan colored ushanka, and had a sports bra on with a tattoo on their waist of what seems to be a red heart and an arrow going through it, but it was ruined slightly by a tear of their infected body. Seraph's eyes clicked to see the beast staring right at him with nothing but tortured souls of the human existence in their eyes. Before an action could be made, the stylized zombie jumped at Seraph, grabbing onto his face. 

" Ooooo! You're such pretty pretty demon! Who are you?! "

Seraph was a bit stunned to see and hear it speak and just looked into the zombie's eyes. A bit nervous to speak now that he knows they understand clear English, maybe... 

" Uhm... I'm Seraph...? " 

" Seraph!!! That's such a cute name!! I'm Rot, aren't you the person who dropkicked me into the fence to save one of your silly raccoon friends, Cone-head? "

Rot didn't even seem mad about it, they were the opposite of furious, they were absolutely joyous. It's like nothing never happened between them and the moment they had when Rot almost snatched his tail off... That's nothing to worry about though, that was in the past. All he wanted to know is how can this critter speak, and... Why aren't they biting him? And how do they know Cone? Well yeah, he has a cone on his head, but... That's beside the point, did Cone speak to them or something while he was asleep? He started predicting what could've happened when Cone was talking to Rot. 

" Uhm... Yeah...? Are you not mad about that? "

" What? Mad? Nooo! That was really fun! Since I can't really feel anything, everything's fun, fun, FUN!!! "

Rot starts crawling and climbing all over Seraph's tall figure, he grabs them by their sports bra and puts them back on the snowy ground, them just crawling back up and around his legs again. 

" Do you ever get any actual sleep? "

" Noo... And if I do, it might just become my favorite hobby!!! "

" But... Sleeping isn't really considered a ho-.. "

Rot quiets Seraph by putting their hand over his mouth.

" So what! It's not like I watch you sleep mostly as well! "

Seraph seems a little annoyed by the zombies once again energetic behavior, yet again shocked by what Rot had said, they watch him sleep? The fuck kind of zombie does that, even when he has just woken up a few minutes ago too. His mind wasn't just right at the moment. He sighed and backed his way into the house, he was already cold, but Rot stopped him from going any where closer to the inside of the house by grabbing onto his ankle.

" NoooOOOOOO! PLEASEE STAYY!!! :( "

" ...? For what? Can't you just wait and continue to violate the door to cure your boredom? "

" The cone-head won't let me in... And I'm cold!!! "

" But you said you couldn't feel anything...- " 

I JUST WANT IN!!! PLEASE!!? "

" ...Fine, can you just not do anything goofy while Cone sleeps? I don't want him finding out. "