Chapter 7 - Gentle Love

Cone fell asleep on Seraph's body, only to wake up and realize that they were now lying on their sides, with Seraph's arms actually holding him. This unexpected change in position left Cone feeling confused and unsure of what had transpired while he was asleep. The question looming in his mind was whether or not Seraph was still alive. The presence of Seraph's arms wrapped around him seemed to indicate signs of life, but the uncertainty and confusion made it difficult for Cone to fully comprehend the situation.

" ...Seraph...? Are you awake? "

In this gripping scene, Cone cautiously prods the dormant demon, hoping for a reaction. Seraph stirs slightly, surprising Cone and prompting him to confirm his observation. The tension mounts as Cone's eyes widen in disbelief and he gently shakes Seraph once more to ensure he isn't hallucinating. This thrilling moment leaves readers on the edge of their seats, eagerly anticipating what will happen next.

Seraph's eyes slowly opened; he felt the weight of grogginess consuming him. His gaze met Cone's, and he noticed tears welling up in Cone's eyes—tears of both joy and relief. 

" Oh, Sera! You're alive! " 

Cone exclaimed, his voice a mixture of disbelief and uncontainable happiness. Overwhelmed with emotion, Cone wrapped his arms tightly around Seraph, as if afraid that the moment might slip away. Seraph, still disoriented, managed a weak but grateful smile, appreciating the depth of their newfound friendship. Cone, caught up in the intensity of the moment. In a fleeting moment of uncertainty, Seraph found himself puzzled by the unexpected embrace from Cone. 

The reasons behind this sudden display of affection made him feel a bit eluded, yet, without allowing doubt to overshadow the shared joy, he opted to reciprocate the warmth enveloping him. Thoughts remained unspoken as they stood intertwined, basking in the unspoken language of friendship. The passage of time seemed to slow as Cone eventually released his hold, only to fix his gaze once more upon Seraph's eyes. In a soft murmur, Cone expressed his uttering, 

" I'm so happy you're alive... "

 These words hung in the air, carrying the weight of the relief that had permeated the both of them. Cone's actions spoke of a connection, and as he drew Seraph into yet another tight embrace, the bond between them felt... strengthened... But then,

 gently, Seraph planted a soft kiss on Cone's cheek, eliciting a flustered response from the robloxian. The sight of Cone's large raccoon tail wagging intensely bespoke a joy so deep that it manifested physically. This simple yet meaningful act not only marked a tender expression of affection but also served as a symbolic milestone, a juncture where their relationship took on new dimensions, solidifying the emotional resonance between them. In that fleeting kiss, the unspoken language of their connection spoke volumes, setting the stage for the unfolding chapters of their shared journey.

 Seraph found himself grappling with confusion, seeking answers to what happened. Turning to Cone in search of any context, he asked, 

" What... Even happened? "

Cone, rather than offering a direct explanation, responded in a manner that hinted at a mixed set of emotions. 

" Don't worry about it, I'm just happy you're back, "

He mumbled, the words starting to fill the empty slots of Seraph's mind. The two, ' friends ' enveloped in a shared sense of relief, continued to embrace each other. the air filled with quietude, expressions of love like " I love you " or heartfelt words such as " You're my everything " filled the air. As the night unfolded, these whispered prompts of reassurance, and together, knowing that, in each other's presence, they found peace of love...

In a vulnerable moment of emotional fragility, Cone's plea whispered.

" Could... You hold me for a while longer... Please? " 

The remnants of earlier tears lingered on his cheeks as he continued to rub Seraph's back, seeking comfort in the physical embrace. Seraph, aware to Cone's needs, offered gentle support. Placing a comforting hand on Cone's forehead, he gently lifted the wild strands of hair that adorned his friend's face, revealing a depth of care in the simplicity of the gesture. The soft kiss planted on Cone's forehead became a tender affirmation of reassurance, a silent promise echoing in the quiet room.

" I will hold you for as long as you want me to, "

 Seraph declared, as Cone nodded, they continued to hug and soon cuddle with each other. Rot came back through the unlocked backyard patio door after a few hours to soon find them snuggled as close as they could be with each other. Rot had a soft smile on their face, deciding to join in. They crawled up  to the both of them from their feet up to their legs, resting their head on the side of Seraph's thigh as they closed their eyes and started to relax with them too... Not even being able to go to sleep, they just waited patiently until Seraph and Cone woke up. This was something rare for Rot, since they are never usually this calm. 

Just for this time... They waited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTER STATUS:

(SERAPH - ALIVE - HEALING)

(CONE - ALIVE - STABLE)

(ROT - INFECTED - STABLE)