Noor

Tell me why I woke up to 20 missed calls from Susan by 8:00am only . Work didn't start until 10:00am on Saturday's.

I immediately called her back to ask what the hell was up and why she's blowing up my god damn phone .

" hello Susan, I saw your missed calls this better be important"

Yes, yes ma actually I c-called to tell you that there's a change in plans and you have over 50 clients that booked last minute with extra pay, the thing is that they'll hopefully come in groups as I believe it's a family weeding of some sort.

"Ok Susan thanks for telling me , it's expected it is after all close to the weeding season here in Abuja so I'll be prepared. Have you drafted out the new designs I told you about last week ?"

Yes ma,
I have it's in your office already .

"Okay I'll see you soon"
Yes ma.

After I and Susan's call I immediately head for the bathroom and freshen up before I picked my work outfit.
Since it was a Saturday I decided to wear another surprise, surprise abaya but in kimono style with an inner maxi body con dress. The open Abaya is a light blue shade and I paired it with a white inner a matching blue veil and my white Dior saddle bag before deciding to also wear my white Hermès sandals.

I brach one last spot before heading to the downstairs dining, my mom's room where I spritzes my favorite perfume that she has making a mental note to also get a bottle for myself instead of constantly using hers but I can't help it I like stealing hers.

I then go down the stairs through the hallway to find baba, ya Mo and mama already seated in the dinning room where babaaa turai and Aunty Mimi our house care taker where serving breakfast to everyone.

" Asalamualikum"

Walaikumusalam Noor

" ina kwana mummy, baba, ya mo"

Lafiya
They all said while mummy added Habibi 🤣

Baba gestures that I sit beside him and I did as always we talk about the shop, his political agenda's, ya Mo talks about work and new projects that he's working on with uncle Abdullahi, mummy makes little jokes here and there before I devour my plate of food consisting of an egg omelette, French fries and ketchup.

I excuse myself as it was already 9:20am and downed down the last of my orange juice before hugging everyone goodbye.

The weather was quite okay today not too cold and not too hot at least right now it was I thought as I stepped into the passenger back seat of the black Range Rover Prado that's taking me today. I honestly didn't want to drive my car in the busy Abuja road and yeah what's the point of having a house full of drivers.

"Sannu Mallam Ali, Dan allah shagon wuse 2 Zaka Kai ne"
I said as the gate man Mallam tanko opened the gate.
——————-
We arrive shortly at the wuse 2 store the only one that's open on Saturday's . I already notice that everyone is there and working on projects or finalizing designs that are due next week as I enter into the main reception.

Good day ma
A lot of my employees great me as I pass navigating the way to my office on the 3rd floor.

I find Susan by my door , with my usual coffee order consisting of two pumps of expresso in a medium cup of oat milk.
I find the designs as expected on my desk and I start reorganizing them in order of preference while Susan leaves to finish the appointment scheduling.

My office is simple , I choose the decor when I bought the wuse2 branch a year ago a spacious room with the whole of the back wall covered in clear glass , a long ass desk with three seats , a consultation area where I hold my appointment, couches and enough sitting available for big groups that are normally our clientele. Little decorations here and there with pink and white accents all over the place , it was pretty homey and Cosy almost nothing like a typical corporate office apart from the desk you couldn't even tell it was actually.