6

I don't wanna keep secrets just to keep you.
« ♫ ♡ ♫ »

Elena's POV
"Oh, so you did plan to come home today," I say a bit irritated as Pablo arrives home after his training. He should have been home two hours ago, and I was waiting for him as we were supposed to go to the furniture boulevard together.

"Sorry, I lingered a bit with Fermín and Pedri," he apologizes. I sigh for a moment. Of course, I'm happy that he has new friends and gets along so well with them. It's just that I always end up in third place; football is consistently in the first place. I accepted that a long time ago.

"I'm sorry, Mariposa. But we can go now," he says. I nod and grab my bag. I attempt to walk out the front door, but he stops me.

"You're so beautiful when you're angry," he sighs, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "I don't like getting angry," I say, biting my lip. "I'm sorry, Elena. I left you hanging, and that's not okay."

I nod, and Pablo takes my chin in his hand, tilting it slightly upward. We lock eyes, and he forms a small smile with his mouth. I do the same, and he presses his lips against mine.

"Come on. Let's go shopping," he says as he pulls his lips away from mine. I nod, and we walk towards the car.

Pablo has received the latest CUPRA from the club. It's white with black details. Despite having a car now, he still plans to buy another one. Someone really needs to keep an eye on this man's spending. Now that he's going to earn so much at once, I'm also afraid he'll end up spending so much more.

As we enter the furniture boulevard, the array of home decor stores welcomes us with a variety of styles and designs. The excitement of finding the perfect accessories for our newly furnished home fills the air. I glance at Pablo, who seems genuinely interested in making our shared space feel even more like ours.

We start our journey through the boulevard, hand in hand, exploring different shops with furniture and home accessories. The scent of new furniture and the visual feast of colors and textures surround us. The first store we step into is a modern-contemporary haven, featuring sleek lines and minimalist designs.

Pablo and I stroll through the displays of sofas, coffee tables, and dining sets. "What do you think about this couch? For in the movie room?" I ask, pointing to a stylish gray sectional. Pablo examines it, running his fingers along the fabric. "Looks comfortable. What do you think?" he replies, considering both style and functionality. We agree that comfort is key, especially for our cozy movie nights.

As we move through the store, we explore vibrant art pieces and wall decorations. Abstract paintings catch our attention, and we discuss which piece would complement our living room. "I love the energy in this one," Pablo remarks, gesturing towards a colorful painting. It resonates with our shared sense of adventure and becomes a potential centerpiece for our space.

Entering the accessories section, we find ourselves surrounded by decorative items. I pick up a set of elegant candle holders, envisioning them on the coffee table. "These could add a cozy touch to our living room, don't you think?" I suggest. Pablo nods in agreement, appreciating the subtle elegance they bring.

Our journey through the store continues, and we come across soft throw pillows in warm tones. "What about these for the sofa?" I ask, holding up a couple of pillows. Pablo considers them, thinking about how they could add a pop of color to our neutral-colored sofa. "Great choice. They'll make the space feel inviting," he remarks.

In the next store, we find ourselves surrounded by rustic-themed furniture in earthy tones. A charming bookshelf catches my eye, and I imagine it in our reading nook. "This could be a perfect spot for my favourite books and some cozy blankets," I suggest. Pablo appreciates the idea, feeling the warmth of the wooden shelves.