25

But does he know the reasons that you cry.
« ♫ ♡ ♫ »

Elena' POV
"Mariposa, I'm going out with Julieta and Fermín," Pablo says as I come downstairs with my wet hair. I had taken a quick shower after the pool.

"Oh. What are you guys going to do?" I ask.

"I'm just heading home. I have college in the morning, but the guys are meeting up with Lamine and Alejandro," Julieta says and gives me a hug.

I sigh and bite my lip. I nod. "Have fun," I say. Pablo comes over and takes me aside. His sister and brother start walking toward the hallway.

"Sorry. It's really important for me to spend time with my teammates. It's also about networking," he says. I nod. "It's fine, Pablo. Don't worry." Not a single word I'm saying is true. I really don't like this.

"Are you staying home all evening?" he asks. I shrug. "I don't know yet. I'll text you if I make any plans."

Pablo nods and kisses my forehead. "I left some money on the kitchen table. If you want to do something, go ahead. I want you to have fun," he says. I nod and give him a kiss.

Pablo walks out of the living room, and I let myself fall onto the couch. I'm really getting tired of spending so many evenings alone.

I look at my phone lying at the end of the couch. I bite my lip. I don't want to call him.

Who am I kidding?

I reach for my phone and unlock it. I press his number.

"Luminosa? Everything okay?" I hear his familiar voice on the other end of the line. "Hey, am I disturbing you?" I ask cautiously.

"I was just about to go for a run, but what's up?" Pedri asks. "Oh. I was going to ask if you wanted to meet up..." I mumble. "Oh. You could join me for the run? If you want?" he says hesitantly. "I'll wear a hoodie and a cap so that I'll not be recognised."

I chuckle. "You don't mind?" I ask cautiously. "No, of course not. I'll come pick you up, and we'll go running in a park. I know one that's not too crowded."

"Thank you," I say softly. "I'll be there in fifteen minutes." Pedri hangs up, and I smile.

I quickly go upstairs to change into workout clothes. I choose a short pair of dark blue shorts and a matching sports bra from Gymshark. I also grab my running shoes from the closet. I head back downstairs and take a water bottle from the fridge. Running with a water bottle is annoying, but I can't go without staying hydrated.

My phone is still on the couch, and I pick it up to text Pablo that I'm going running with my friend Petra. It still feels bad to lie to him.

Not much later, I step outside and see Pedri's car already parked. I smile. I'm glad that what we have, however you want to define it, isn't just about sex, but we also do things like this. Just like when we went to the museum together.

"Hey," I say happily as I get in the car. Pedri smiles at me. "I wasn't expecting this."

"I'd otherwise be home alone all evening," I sigh as I fasten my seatbelt. "Oh, so it's not because you missed me?" Pedri teases. I chuckle but decide not to respond.

Pedri drives out of the street and turns in a direction I haven't been before. I've been living in Barcelona for almost a month now, but I haven't seen much of the city yet. Not that I've really made an effort to explore, anyway.

Not long after, Pedri parks the car in a parking lot and turns off the engine. We get out, and I take a sip of my water. Pedri pulls his hood over his cap. His face is almost completely hidden now because the hood is so oversized.