26

I don't ever ask you where you've been. And I don't feel the need to know who you with.
« ♫ ♡ ♫ »

Pablo's POV
I come downstairs, and the first thing I see is Elena curled up on the couch, engrossed in her book. The morning sun streams through the windows, casting a gentle light across the room. She looks serene, completely absorbed in her reading, and it makes me smile. Moments like these are precious.

Last night, I got home later than her. By the time I walked into our bedroom, she was already fast asleep. I tried to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake her. This morning, while I was in the bathroom, I noticed her sport clothes in the laundry basket. It struck me as unusual; Elena isn't one to go running in the evening, especially with a friend. But I decided to let it go. Everyone needs a change of pace sometimes, and maybe she just wanted to try something different.

I walk over to the couch and lean down to give her a kiss on the forehead. She looks up from her book and smiles at me. "Good morning," she says softly.

"Good morning," I reply, sitting down beside her. "How did you sleep?"

"Pretty well, actually. You?" she asks, closing her book and giving me her full attention.

"Yeah, I slept okay," I say, stretching a bit. "So, what is your plan for the day?"

Elena hesitates for a moment before responding. "I'm not sure. I have to buy some groceries and later in the afternoon I have my nail appointment. But in between I have no plans. "

I nod. "That sounds nice. You can use the time to relax. Is Antonella coming today?" Antonella is our maid, she is the sweetest woman in town.

"Yes. When I have my nail appointment," she says. I nod. Elena feels uncomfortable being home when the maid comes to clean, I can understand that.

"Did you already invite Petra for dinner?" I ask. Elena bites her lip. "Yes, but she is so busy and moving out of town."

"Moving? To where?" I ask, surprised. "Australia," Elena answers. "Australia? Further away wasn't possible?"

She smiles again, but there's something in her eyes that makes me feel like she's holding back. I decide not to push it. Trust is important, and I don't want to come across as overly suspicious.

"So, what's the plan for today?" she asks, trying to steer the conversation to lighter topics. "It's Tuesday, so I guess you'll be training?" she answers the question herself.

"Yep, another day at the office and I have a campaign shoot for Nike after," I say with a grin. "But tonight, I want you to dress up. I'm taking you out for dinner."

Elena's eyes light up with surprise and excitement. "Really? What's the occasion?"

"Do I need an occasion to spoil my girl?" I say, giving her a playful wink. "I just want to spend some quality time with you, away from everything else."

She blushes slightly and nods. "That sounds wonderful. I'll make sure to look my best."

"Great," I say, standing up. "I should get ready for training. Coach won't be happy if I'm late."

Elena watches me as I head to the bathroom to freshen up. As I brush my teeth, I think about how lucky I am to have her in my life. Sure, things haven't been perfect lately, and I've been busy with football, but I know that we can make it through anything as long as we stick together.

After a quick shower, I get dressed in my training gear and head back downstairs. Elena is still on the couch, reading her book again.

"I'll see you tonight, then," I say, grabbing my keys and bag.