Run Heliē

For those who love and understand Greek mythology, I deeply apologies because of how my characters have been laid out. Please keep in mind that some, if not most, of these characters don't go along the lines of the actual Greek mythology but to the storyline. I deeply apologies if you find any further contents strange or out of order

With love 💕,
Quincy M.C.C.

**_Author's POV_**

She goes further and further into the woods burning tips of leaves as she runs by. "She's over there!" She hears one of the guards yell as he follows the trail of burnt and fallen leaves. "Oh no! You're leaving tracks Heliē" she tries to conceal it but the fear and adrenaline from the chase gets the better of her. The hood covering her face falls of from the wind and her golden hair shines through. She slowly changes the golden strands to jet Black while running through the dark woods. "Heliē! Heliē!" Another calls but the only thing she could hear was her inner voice telling her "Keep running, they can't take you back. Not yet." She finds cover in a tree, with her human disguise fully out it would be hard to spot her. "Ugh... where did she go?" One of them cried. "Her brother's gonna kill us" another declared "c'mon let's keep looking she couldn't have gone far" he uttered. She sighed and leaned on the tree covering her face halfway through with her dark hood. "Heliē?" A man called out looking her dead in the eyes. "Is she there?" One of the guards inquired "no she isn't let's check the other side" he sighed 'What? He didn't take me? Oh right... I'm invisible...' she smiled at her coat 'thank you brother'. She laughed and cried 'what a relief'. She continued on her journey through the woods until the nearest village is finally in her view. She crawled out of the dark, thick woods and was finally under the moonbeams. She looked up and smiled brightly. "That's a new record" she murmured and somehow the moonlight became brighter as if congratulating her. She smiled brightly as the veins in her body glowed of bright yellow before she quickly concealed it. She walked through the village exploring everything in her path. From the bustling people and happy children to the night bloomers, her favorite. "Have you seen Heliē?" She heard, only to see men on horses looking for her "you just can't give up, can you?" she grumbled, laughing at their persistence "let's go over there" another declared and they sprinted of into a little kid's direction. As fast as she could, Heliē ran towards the young boy and pulled him away from the horse's path. 'Are they crazy? they almost hit him' she thought, annoyed by their ignorance. "Why can't you look where your going?" She cried to the child. "I'm sorry" he frowned and clenched his tummy "are you hungry?" She whispered and he hesitated before nodding slowly. "Come with me" she smiled and led him to a street seller. "How much for two loafs of bread please?" She beamed. She had never tasted it so this would be her first. "Four drachmae Miss" he grinned "four?!" The boy scoffed "don't worry it's fine, I'll pay" Heliē beamed and gave him the money. They sat on the rocky shores and ate the bread. "You know he cheated you right" the boy sighed "I know... he ripped me off because he thought I looked well sought after, classy...rich. I saw the look he gave me before giving his price. People like that will always go nowhere fast. You may need an entire life time to truly know someone but, people only need one look... to fully judge you. That's why most of the time what people say doesn't even matter. Always remember that" she stated before gleefully sinking her teeth into the freshly baked bread. "... thank you" he uttered "for the bread? It's not a problem" she chuckled "no not that. Well yes thanks for the bread but... also the advice. Thanks for that too" he beamed at her before taking a bite out of the bread. "You're welcome" she smiled and stared at the ocean in front of her.

**Crash**

The loud sound of multiple things breaking disrupted her peace and quiet. "Oh goodness another horseman" she exclaimed . They had broken the pots of an old lady while looking for her. "Could they be any less unreasonable and stupid" she cried before leaving the little boy and heading towards the lady. They had crashed everything in her stall. Heliē was to stunned to speak, her eyes were already tearing up. "Greda what happened?!" She heard someone exclaim, thinking it was guard she quickly found a hiding spot in a shed. "They broke everything this time Icarus" she cried 'this time? That means this same incident has happened before. Was it my fault that time as well?' Heliē sighed and tucked her hair back "I'm really sorry, don't worry I'll help you remake them" "thank you so much Icarus." She replied. 'Icarus? He's human, not a guard. I can come out' she smiled. She walked towards him with reached out hands ready to help but before he could even notice, Heliē was gone.

"Oh Athena"

**NB: Drachmae are greek currencies**

Hey fellow readers,
This is the very first book I'm publishing on Wattpad and I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter. If you did hit the star, I'd really appreciate it.

With love 💕,
Quincy.