Chapter 15: Zhang Yiwei

(A/N: finally exam's over! Damn, this month has been so bone-breaking😭 But I'll be able to update frequently from now on! It's been a while, hope y'all are doing fine 😊)

Feng Xiao lamented in his mind after walking out of the restaurant.

"Thank you very much, Lord Pan. You've made me abandon my delicious meal."

Just as Feng Xiao was about entering the carriage, a young fellow stopped him. He was dressed like a bodyguard, with his sword hugged to his chest. His gaze was somewhat domineering.

"Greetings, Young Master Xiao," the youngster greeted.

Feng Xiao squinted an eye. "Have we met before?"

The youngster smirked, "not really. My master requests your presence. I'll have to trouble you."

"And who's your master?" Feng Xiao asked cautiously.

"We shall know when we get there."

"Insolence!" Bai Rongxuan chimed in. "Do you expect my young master to follow you to wherever your master is? Why can't your master come by himself if he wanted to see him?!"

The youngster cocked his head and stared at Bai Rongxuan. "I'm only following orders. As a bodyguard, shouldn't you understand too?"

"Even so, you shouldn't be rude about it. You're talking to the Feng family's Young Master. If not your outfit, I would've mistaken you for your master," Bai Rongxuan defended bravely, eyes flashing with alertness.

The youngster smirked, "heh, what's all the ranting for? Just follow me and I'll take you to my master."

"And what if we decline? What are you and your master going to do about it?" Bai Rongxuan was already in a full-blown challenge mode. He was gradually losing his patience.

The youngster spoke after a moment of silence, his voice low and certain.

"Young Master Xiao will not decline," he smirked, facing Feng Xiao.

"Presumptuous!" Bai Rongxuan flared.

"Oh boy, you're quite dutiful at protecting the courtesan's son." The youngster said, eyes flashing with mock surprise.

Feng Xiao's ears tingled upon hearing the word 'courtesan' he never understood why people called his predecessor's mother that. He clutched his fists, bile rising in his throat. The former Feng Xiao had totally lost his respect as a noble due to his background, and since he'd already inherited the status, he would definitely set things aright.

Bai Rongxuan was equally exasperated. He hated when people brought up Feng Xiao's background.

"Shut up!"

Bai Rongxuan aggressively manoevered his sword, veins popping out on his forehead and neck. The youngster happened to possessed incredible quick reflexes as he evaded the stroke. Releasing his sword from the embrace, only three quick moves was enough to compel Bai Rongxuan to stumble backwards. His martial arts were stronger than Bai Rongxuan's.

Feng Xiao looked at the fellow suspiciously and said, "young man, you brazenly asked me to meet your master and then assaulted my guard on top of that. That's not polite of you."

"He made a move on me first," the youngster replied with a shrug.

Feng Xiao did not want his martial arts ability known. He already found the fellow's arrogance a nuisance and he wanted to know which master had such an arrogant guard. After a thought, he said,

"Take me to your master."

The youngster displayed a smug smile of victory as he turned his back. "Follow me."