Chapter Four: Into The Woods

"I can't make any more words." Bridgette shakes her head, feeling stumped and looking at her letters.

"Ha, you forfeit?" Geoff mockingly asks her.

Bridgette gives him a look and takes her final sips of her hot chocolate, "Owen, I hope you have some letters in there to beat him with cause I got nothing." She wishes.

Owen lifts up his letter tray and scratches his head, "Um, I don't know, I don't have any vowels left."

"There's gotta be a two letter word somewhere that we don't know about." DJ wonders.

Gwen glances over at the four of them and silently chuckles to herself, wondering how their little game was going to end. She then turns back over to look at the fireplace, the glowing flames slowly descending. Duncan lets out a yawn and gets up from his spot off the floor. He walks over to grab the fireplace poker and lightly messes with the burnt wood chips inside, "You still want the fire going?" He asks Gwen.

"I'm okay," She responds, getting up from her spot as well and still having the blanket wrapped around her, "I know you must be starving for something though, wanna go find something in the kitchen now?"

"Read my mind." Duncan answers, placing the poker to the side. He then turns to the other four playing their Scrabble game, "We're gonna go find something to eat, any of you guys want anything?"

"Yeah, we could use some luck in this game." DJ jokes.

Bridgette giggles, "I think we're good, Dunc, thanks."

Duncan nods and begins to head off to the kitchen with Gwen.

As the night went on, the colder it started to become and even in the air conditioned cabin, the chilliness of the outdoors had still crept its way inside and swarmed around the cracks of the home. Gwen kept her blanket close as the two of them walked down the hallway to the kitchen. Once they get there, Duncan begins to search through the cabinets to see if there was anything that caught his attention to eat, "Anything specific you're looking for?" Gwen asks him, arms crossed and leaning against the counter.

"My mind instantly went to pizza," Duncan answers, still looking around the area, "But, I don't think there's anything like that in here, so maybe just something quick to warm up."

"I mean, if you really want some, I know there's a 24 hour pizza place not that far from here." Gwen points out.

Duncan stopped looking around for a second, "Are they any good though?"

"They're pretty good, I had them once before," Gwen informs him, "Their crust was kind of hard, but it satisfied the pizza craving."

Duncan hums and continues searching through the shelves of food, lowering his standards to try and settle on something. Finally, he gives Gwen's idea some serious thought and comes to a decision, "You know what, yeah, wanna go check that place out?"

Gwen shrugs, "Sure, I'm down. I'm probably not gonna have anything, but I'll join you for the ride. What about the others though?"

"I mean, we can have it just be us two," Duncan suggests, "It'll be real quick."

Gwen's eyes slightly widened, starting to wonder about the idea of the two of them being alone together on the drive, "Oh, okay, that's cool, should we order now or when we get there?"

"How far is it?" Duncan asks back.

Gwen gets out her phone and looks up the location for directions, "Uh, it's only about 8 minutes away." She informs him.

"Yeah," Duncan shrugs, "We can order it now. You sure you don't want anything though? Cause I can eat a whole large pizza."

Gwen rolls her eyes, "I know you can. I might snatch one slice from ya, but I'll see how I'm feeling."