Chapter Six: New Beginnings

Monday, November 26th:

"Well, I might've found out what that weird feeling I had was. I can't believe I got back in touch with Duncan again, I didn't expect him to fall back into my life now. When we ended things years ago, I felt so done with him and all the nonsense that he put us through. I thought the spark that we once had would never flicker back up. But ever since I found out that he's been released from jail, I've been realizing this past week that I might've actually really missed him and even more so than I thought I would have.

His family was throwing him a big welcome home party this past weekend and I decided that I would like to reunite with him there. When that night eventually came, I slowly started to remember the feelings I once had for him and how much he had meant to me in the past, but more importantly, why he did. Beneath how Duncan would portray himself as to people, there was this chaotic and fun combination to him that I had sort of grown really fond of. Though he could be a lot to handle at times, he still managed to find his way right into my heart. And when we did finally see each other again, I could see the love that he had for me was still there and honestly, those fireworks I used to have for him came shooting right back up too. I never knew how much I had missed that feeling from him until I felt them again. I guess what they say is true, absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Later on that night, we went out alone together to one of our old spots we used to chill at and just talked the whole time. We shared a lot of personal stuff while we were out there, but something was different about the way we had discussed them. It felt like we were way more understanding of one another and really listened to what we both had to say, taking in each other's words with complete open ears. We even shared a kiss...and that felt different too! It was warm, soft and slow. I was wanted by him in a way that I hadn't felt in such a long time. That whole night, in general, just brought me back to the best parts of what we used to have together...but what about all the worst parts?

I haven't forgotten them, so where is all of this going to go with him now? Well, I'm not sure, but what I do know is that I really did like what happened when we were together and I want to see more of what comes from us. For now, we agreed to just take things slow and get back into the routine of having each other in our lives again. I haven't seen him since he left for jail and there's been so much that has happened since then, so much more that we need to catch up on. Also, I'm still in the middle of dealing with school work and he just got back to living a normal life again, so I think taking things at a slower pace seems right for us. Again, I don't know what'll end up happening down the line, this could all just lead to nothing...but it sure does feel great having my best friend back with me. I really missed him and what we had together. I think I might even still be in love with him.

Right now, we're actually about to meet up at a diner in between my classes for some breakfast. I purposely saved my appetite for this meal, but now I wish I had grabbed an orange or something, at least, I'm starving now. I think I'm going to order a berries and cream crêpe once I get there, that sounds pretty delicious."

Gwen closes up her diary and exhales out a little sigh. After catching up on some much needed rest from her outing at Duncan's party, Gwen felt just energized enough to start up her new week of school. She grabs her bag and begins to search for her phone, curious to see what time it had reached. As she pulls out her device to find out, Gwen notices that it was just about the minute to start heading over to the restaurant. Her eyes tilt a little further down to also come across that Duncan had messaged her about their plans:

"Hey pasty, I just put our names in on the waitlist, it should only be like a few minutes they said."

Gwen smirks and begins to type out her response to him: