Author's Note

Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for reading my first ever story, Our Hearts Unveiled! I just wanted to say that I appreciate each and every one of you who've decided to give this little book a read, your support means absolutely everything to me! I wanted to finish off this tale with an author's note to say thank you, to all of you. Thank you for deciding to spend your time reading my story. I truly can't say enough how much that means to me. I know this is just fanfiction here, nothing of high literature, but still, I really appreciate it.

This story has meant a lot to me personally. A year ago, I was in a very confusing and difficult time in my life and I didn't know what to do with myself. I'm still trying to figure out things now, but I've come a long way from where I was just twelve months ago. However, in between then and now, something magical happened: my interest in the show, Total Drama, had resurfaced. Total Drama was a show that really meant a lot to me growing up and had a pretty big role in shaping me into who I would end up becoming as an adult. I haven't been a huge stan of this show in about a decade though, so I was a little surprised that my interest in it had come back. I saw that my favorite couple from the show were still the same pair too. Gwen and Duncan were always my favorite couple from the show, as well as individual characters, and as I got back into the series this past year, one of the things I decided that I wanted to do was to draw these two some fanart.

 Gwen and Duncan were always my favorite couple from the show, as well as individual characters, and as I got back into the series this past year, one of the things I decided that I wanted to do was to draw these two some fanart

I drew this picture back in October of 2023 and it's actually where the inspiration for Our Hearts Unveiled first started. I originally posted this drawing with the caption: "These two sweeties go out for a night walk in the woods together to talk about life and after a little silence, Duncan reaches over to hold Gwen close and reassures her that whatever the future may have in store for them, he will always have a special place in his heart for her." and from then, I wanted to write a story that centered around that concept. I just thought a sweet romance between Duncan and Gwen was something that I really wanted to see.

Something else that I wanted this story to be was to have it take place post-canon. Despite its controversialness, I've always loved how Gwen and Duncan's story evolves throughout the series. Though it maybe wasn't the most ethical way to enter a relationship, I always thought there was just something there with their story. I was so fascinated by all the chaos that surrounded those two and I wondered how their story would've continued after their last appearances.

At times, I might've indulged in this fanfic a little too much and it sure was a roller coaster to put together, but it still was a fun one, nonetheless. I'm so happy and proud of how it all ended up coming together and I know it's not perfect, I'm sure there's lots of grammar mistakes and stuff that I overlooked, but still, I tried my best and I love the overall final product and I hope that you all did too! However, now that it's all over, I definitely do want to take some time off from writing so I can focus on my other goals I'd like to accomplish in my personal life.

Creating this little Total Drama fanfic has actually even inspired me to want to start a new hobby as an author. You can definitely bet on there being more stories coming from me in the future! But there won't be anymore Total Drama related stories, sadly, I believe this was just a one-and-done type of thing for me to get all my feelings out there before I officially move forward with myself. But I'll still try and put as much heart into my future tales as I did with this one. Actually, I already have the basis for what I want my second story to be, but that will be an adventure I'll explore for another day. I think taking some time off from writing could also make way for me to explore some different kinds of reading and develop some new skills, as well as help further broaden my vocabulary. I'd love to be able to create some higher quality stories for the future!

I can't wait to have some more adventures posted for all of you later on though, but as it stands, yes, Our Hearts Unveiled is officially over. I'm so happy to have brought you all on this amazing journey and I hope that you had a wonderful time reading it too. I appreciate you all so much and thank you again for your time. Here's to more stories in the future! <3