Movie Night

Posted this to Tumblr a while ago... Now it's here! 😏

──────────

This has to be the worst movie I've ever watched. The theatre is less than half full, and with our seats way back, we're alone on all sides. I lick popcorn salt from my fingers and eye my date.

I doubt he can tell the difference between a good movie and a bad movie. His draconian eyes stare at the big screen and now and then, his tongue flicks out to taste the air subconsciously. I hide my smile behind my hand. He's trying so hard to act human. He's sitting with his back straight but relaxed, legs parted slightly. His claws tap lightly against the arms of the chair, yet another thing I don't think he realizes he's doing.

I glance at the screen, hardly interested. I chose this movie for a reason, and it would be a shame if I didn't put my plan into action. First, I take his hand and idly play with it. He's huge, and his hands match the rest of him, almost twice the size of mine. His claws could skewer me like a kebab. I trace the curve of them, smiling a little when I discover he's filed the tips in an attempt to blunt them. There's very little that can wear down dragon claws.

When my fingers skim over the softer skin of his palms, his hand instinctively curls, holding mine. He glances down at me curiously but makes an effort to continue watching the movie. I keep peeking up at his face to judge his reaction as I drag my hand up his arm, savoring the way his muscles tense and release under his skin. His body is always moving, twitching. Primal instincts that can be hidden but never stopped. I like that he can't help that.

When my fingers tease the edge of his shirt, he finally focuses on me.

"What are you doing?" He rumbles.

"I'm bored," I tell him. "Is this okay?"

He huffs, a kind of ambiguous answer. I press on, flattening my palm against his stomach. He has a soft paunch I have been fighting to get to touch. The contrast between his muscular arms and soft stomach is glorious.

"Hey," he rasps but makes no move to stop me.

"You're always so warm like you're burning on the inside."

"Comes with the age," he says. "The older a dragon, the warmer they are."

"So you can breathe fire?"

"It's actually illegal," he replies and I sigh.

"Maybe one day," I say.

My hand is so far up his shirt that I can't pretend it's just an innocent touch. I look up at him, hand pressed to his chest, feeling his heart thumping underneath. He stares back at me, unblinking.

"You want me?" He asks. "This isn't just a... Temporary fixation?"

"We met online, remember? I liked you before I knew you were draconian. This doesn't change things."

"You could pick any dragon. I'm old," he replies with a flare of his nostrils, and I stifle a laugh.

"You're practically immortal. You're not the one who has to worry about going grey and brittle," I grumble.

"Hmmm," he says, eyes darting down before settling back on my face sheepishly.

I glance down and smirk. I've forgotten how low my neckline is, and leaning towards him like this, he has a pretty good view. I pull my hand out from under his shirt, and touch his face gently, rubbing my thumb against the scaly protrusions that line his jaw. His eyes flicker shut as I lower my hand to his neck, exploring the delicate folds of his skin. When he speaks, I can feel it vibrate in his throat.