On the 7th Day of Christmas

You needed a miracle to survive the deadly blizzard that was relentlessly slamming wind and snow against the side of your drafty vacation cabin.

Finneas had gone down the mountain, on foot, looking for help 3 days ago and never came back.

He was probably dead but you didn't want to upset everyone with your worries.

You had enough worries.

The powerful snow storm knocked out the power, water and gas 5 days ago!

You didn't have heat and the cabin was freezing cold!

Everyone was bundled in as many layers of warmth and blankets as they could - but the last of the firewood in the fireplace was starting to run out....

You didn't want your family to freeze to death and die!

You were starting to regret ever coming up here for Christmas!

You should have stayed safe and warm back in LA!

It was your new husband's idea to introduce the kids to snow - but you couldn't blame him for the bad weather or the snow that burried your cars and cabin in.

It took a full day just for your husband and Finneas to dig out the snow blocking the front door in.

Finneas scrambled up and over the ten foot pile and tried to go unbury the cars - ofcourse after all of his hard work none of the cars would start up.....so he said he was going to hike down the snowy mountain and find help......but that was 3 days ago.

Surely if he had found help they would have returned by now.

You hoped he was ok......but you couldn't help thinking he either took a wrong turn and fell off the side of the mountain to his death or he was buried beneath a dozen feet of snow somewhere slowly freezing to death.

It was frigid in the cabin- but at least you had the last of the fire wood.

Finneas had only left with the coat on his back, a scarf, his boots, Billie's lucky hat, a lighter and a few candles in his backpack.

You hoped it was enough to keep him warm.

Your daughter had shivered herself to sleep beneath a pile of blankets on the rug in front of the fireplace, but your son, bundled up in his snowsuit, was still trying to get Billie's attention.

He kept tugging on her pant leg, but she was purposely ignoring him.

She had been ignoring both of your biological children for the last 5 days since you had gotten snowed in, in the cabin.

She was still mad at you.

You weren't surprised....you knew it was going to take a significant amount of time to repair your broken relationship.

She blamed you for her parents divorce, just because you slept with her Dad and got pregnant.....twice.

She said she only slept with your Dad once and got pregnant zero times - so you're the only home wrecking whore.

In fact, once she noticed you were staring at her ignoring her step brother, she actually moved her leg up onto the couch with her, just so the three year old couldn't reach it anymore.

"-Billie? I think P.J wants to give you something." Your husband Patrick said, from his rocking chair beside you.

Billie gave Patrick Jr a dirty look, but he didn't even notice as he held up his favorite stuffed panda with a smile.

Billie just stared at it.

"Go on...smile and take it." Patrick encouraged.

"-No thanks! Unlike you, I don't touch shit that doesn't belong to me!" Billie snapped.

Patrick came to a quick stop in his rocking chair, beneath his quilt.

"- Excuse me?" He replied.

"- What? You couldn't hear me? You need hearing aids for Christmas or should I just talk louder? I SAID - UNLIKE YOU- I DON'T -'

"Why are you acting like this? P.J is your little brother!" Patrick interrupted.

"I didn't ask for a little brother! Especially not a little brother you made with my best fucking friend!" Billie cried before getting up and running out of the room.

You were shocked hearing her refer to you as her best friend.....

For years she had only been referring to you as a backstabbing bitch and homewrecking whore.

You thought for sure she hated your very guts!

You were hurt beyond belief when you walked in on Billie fucking your Dad the day you came home early from school - but your revenge on her had clearly gone above and beyond.

You would be going through a mental health crisis too had Billie gotten pregnant by your Dad and decided to marry him.

The truth was, you never even wanted to marry Patrick!

You certainly didn't love him.

You didn't mean to destroy their family......you just wanted to get back at Billie for seducing your Dad!

So you purposely seduced Patrick and had raw intercourse with him on his living room couch just so Billie would walk in on it.

You thought it was funny when Billie promptly threw up in disgust - but seeing the jealousy on her face now as she hurried out of the room - put it all into a whole new perspective.

Billie didn't hate you at all......

She just hated her Dad for sleeping with you.

You had to talk to her.

So you got up and hurried after Billie.

She tried to close a bedroom door on you, but you just slipped in anyway.

"Billie -" You started, but she cut you off saying, "-You were supposed to be my girlfriend! Not fuck my Dad!"

"You fucked my Dad first!" You reminded her.

"- I did that for US! So WE could be together! Your Dad said he wouldn't let us date because he thought I was a lesbian! I told him I'm bi and he told me to prove it!" Billie said.

You didn't believe her at all!

She started crying then, all of her built up anxieties coming out at once as she begun to sob about how her brother was probably dead.

So she did share your worries.

"I'm sure Finneas's fine. He's probably already back. The door got snowed in again - he's probably just unburying it." You tried to calm Billie down.

It worked.

Billie took your words of comfort to heart and slept by the front door that night, waiting to hear any peep from Finneas.

There was a strange sound that night....but it was coming from the Chimney.

A scratching sound.

Everyone else was sleep and you didn't want to wake them up for nothing.

You were staring intently at the fireplace as ash and soot puffed down into the fire - and then you heard the tearing sound of a bag ripping - before hundreds of small black lumps of charcoal begun pouring down the chimney to sustain your fire.