Peace? Finally.

"Hey." Pieck whispered.

I'd just opened my eyes. My tongue had dried up, and the corners of my eyes held gunk.

My head felt lighter than usual, clearer. Like a weight had been lifted.

I wiped my eyes, feeling the wrinkles and calluses on my hands for the first time ever.

"Hey." I replied, sluggishly.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, sounding concerned.

I just grunted.

I could barely move myself off the bed even if I tried, and I was still in a daze.

I didn't even know what happened last night. My head was still a blur.

The pain in my shoulder was even worse this morning.

I wanted to put a hand on my shoulder to try and numb the pain, but before I could, Pieck placed her hand on it.

I felt the coolness of her touch on my burning shoulder, relishing the relief it brought from the pain that had been plaguing me all day.

After some time, I wasn't feeling that much pain anymore, but I still didn't want to move.

I closed my eyes, and I felt her hand on my back.

I was content.

For the first time since I could remember, my mind was empty.

No thoughts, worries, or stress.

Just me, her, and this feeling of security and comfort I felt in her embrace.

The air blew onto my face, and the pressure was too much for my nose, making me breathe from the mouth.

My entire mouth was dry this time, including my tongue, and Pieck noticed.

"You want some water?" She asked.

I opened my eyes and nodded slowly.

She got up without saying anything else and went to get me water.

I was surprised when she came back with a full bottle of water.

She held it up high so I could drink from it.

I gulped down half the bottle before I had to take a breath.

"Okay, take it slow," she said. "Do you feel better now, at least?" She asked, showing clear hesitation.

I just grunted softly. I didn't have to say a word.

I just smiled and looked at her softly until my eyes started to water.

I didn't want to cry.

I was so exhausted and still in a daze that I felt so embarrassed by how I let myself get to this state.

"You passed, by the way." She said. "Everyone did."

I smiled weakly.

Then, suddenly, all my memories from last night started to flood my mind.

I felt a rush of emotions I couldn't even describe.

I just turned away from her and buried my face into the pillow.

I wasn't sure how to handle all these emotions or even this newfound relief.

It was all too much for me, and I found myself sobbing even harder than before.

I felt guilty, I felt embarrassed, and I also felt relieved. It was too much for me.

The pillow I was holding swelled up, almost like a sponge, and I noticed it was wet.