Inner Conflict? Probably.

I woke up from my sleep, courtesy of the repeated series of sharp, rhythmic sounds outside.

Each time, it felt like a "whoosh" sound echoing through the room consistently, in swift, regular bursts.

I got up from my bed, bleary eyes, and sleep-fogged mind guiding my steps as I walked over to the training grounds, where the sharp sounds were coming from, my form akin to a ghoul.

Pacing sloppily through the hallways, I reached the area, bright sunlight hitting the tip of my eyes, almost blinding me as the warmth and brightness washed away the last bits of sleep from my system.

As I cleared my vision and took in my surroundings, I saw Marcel standing before me.

Marcel raised an eyebrow, clearly not impressed by the state I was in as I stood there, blinking and wiping the tiredness out of my eyes.

"You?" he asked, his tone sharp. "I saw you lost the other day. You figure out why?"

I didn't bother to pretend like I didn't know what he was talking about, but I still felt the need to stay silent.

"I mean, it was clearly because she was stronger than me, right?" I said, voice slightly hoarse as I was still getting my bearings.

I felt my body move back unconsciously. My throat itching regardless of the fact that I had just talked.

When I finished speaking, Marcel gave a dismissive shrug and turned away, his expression clearly irritated.

After a moment, he seemed to remember me still standing there, and he barked out an order. "Fetch me a pouch. I'm thirsty."

I felt a surge of annoyance, my body almost moving away from him automatically, but I forced myself to refrain.

Sighing, I made my way outside and fetched the pouch from where we kept our supplies, filling it with water and bringing it back to him.

I handed the water pouch over to Marcel, and he took a long sip, letting out a relieved burp when finished.

After waiting a moment, he tossed the pouch towards me, prompting a surprise out of me.

"So you've come to train, then?" he asked, looking at me with a raised eyebrow yet again. I gulped, not sure what to say at first.

My mind was suddenly full of confusion, but I knew I needed to remain neutral and composed, regardless of what he was trying to evoke out of me.

Making an attempt to stay calm, on the other side, Marcel continued to watch me, his eyes not moving from my face.

It was unclear to me what he was expecting from me at this point, so I tried my best to remain stoic in front of him.

After a few moments, Marcel threw out another unexpected order. "Spar with me."

I was taken aback by the sudden command, but I knew it was pointless to object or offer any argument.

I could feel the adrenaline building up inside me, and it took all my willpower not to let my frustration from earlier through.

I just nodded, getting into the fighting stance we had been taught.

Marcel, his expression still stern, took up his position across from me, his legs wide and hands curled into fists.

I tried to stay neutral and focused, reminding myself that my emotions were not a factor here.

The adrenaline was rapidly flowing through my body, making my pulse quicken.

Looking into Marcel's eyes from across the training arena, I could tell he was trying to intimidate me, but I refused to let it phase me.