2- Star-crossed lovers

Came up with this on the spot😭 sorry if it's short

"And Xingqiu, do you agree to be wed eternally, live forever, and most importantly, love, with..." The man said at the alter.
  Chongyun blanked out at the woman's name. He couldn't bother to even learn it. It hurt. He was right next to his love, his soulmate, his everything. But, their paths in this life crossed, stayed for years on end, and just now have went their separate ways.
  "I do." Chongyun snapped backed to reality.
  He quickly looked over at Xingqiu, seeing his face. It looked to be filled with sadness, it seemed that Xingqiu had thought the same thing. The two shared a quick glance, before Xingqiu had to kiss his new wife.
  Hearing the crowd cheer for the two hurt both of the men. It felt like a bullet had entered their hearts and broke it into millions of pieces.
  After the dance, Chongyun pulled Xingqiu aside to "help him with an emergency matter" while in reality he just needed one last moment with his lover before they had to part ways.
  "Oh Chongyun, my dear, I am truly sorry. I wished, prayed, and begged to the gods for anything but this to happen."
  "I know my love, I understand. We were destined to be star-crossed lovers in this life."
  Xingqiu looked down at the ground, grabbing Chongyun's hands and interlocking their fingers. He then looked up at Chongyun, kissing his cheek.
  "My liege, will we be star-crossed lovers forever in every other universe?"
  "We will be everything but, my love. In one, we could be butterflies that fly together, never leaving each other's side no matter the storm. In another, we could be rivers, whose streams interlock and combine into a lake. We will be together no matter the life. We just happened to be unlikely here, but that doesn't mean our love will fade. I promise you, my love, we will always be together in every universe."
  Xingqiu started to cry, laying his head on Chongyun's shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Oh Yun-yun!~" A voice from a blue-haired book fanatic called.
  "Xingqiu! Your early today, did you wake up just to come watch me train? Really?" An    icy-blue haired exorcist chuckled, grabbing his claymore from the ground.
  "Not really, I had a question and it can't wait!"
  "Hit me."
  "Will we be together in every universe?"
  "That's really your question Xingqiu? Isn't it obvious? Of course. We could be crystalflies and still be together during tough storms, or we could be lakes in Inazuma that meet through a river and combine over the Milenas. What I'm saying is, we will always be together." Chongyun answered, blushing slightly as he tried not to embarrass himself.
  "So poetic Yun-yun!~" Xingqiu teased.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-467 words-