Before Judgement

we're back at the yashiro commission headquarters. after some discussion, they decided to hold another meeting.

this time at the komore teahouse. there were only aether, ayaka and paimon.

as for dino, he decided not to get involved with these kinds of things.

Ayaka: now we can talk freely here without any problems.

she gracefully slant her folding fan and brought it closer to cover her face.

Ayaka: ask away, traveler...

Aether: in that case, i just want to ask you one thing. isn't there anyone else who opposes the vision hunt decree?

silence momentarily filled the room before ayaka cleared her throat and answered aether's question.

Ayaka: besides us... there's also a resistance on watatsumi island.

Paimon: huh, resistance? you mean, like the army that fought against the decree?

Ayaka: that's right. many people who have lost or fear losing their vision are siding with the resistance, led by the divine priestess, sangonomiya kokomi.

so many questions and so many answers. they discussed about the shogunate and its working principle, the vision hunt decree.

in the end, ayaka tasked aether to help masakatsu get out of prison.

master masakatsu is the key to fighting the shogunate, ayaka said.

----

after talking with ayaka, aether's next destination is the naganohara fireworks.

as they arrived at the place, a soldier from the shogunate seemed to be making a scene.

by order of the shogun, they were currently taking all the visions of every people in inazuma.

Hanshirou: ahh! alright, please don't hurt me! here... take my vision!

the soldiers rudely snatch the vision and leave.

Paimon: what!? this isn't right! we just watched from behind the wall and didn't do anything! *angry*

Aether: ...

Paimon: ugh, it's your fault!

the little fairy said with a frown while looking at the blonde-haired girl.

Hanshirou: phew... that was close! thank you so much miss yoimiya!

said the man who gave his vision earlier. he walked casually towards them.

like nothing happened.

Paimon: ehh?

Yoimiya: haha, don't worry! i'll be happy to help you anytime!

the girl smiled. her eyes, her kindness.

Aether: ahh...

Paimon: ...aether?

after some explanation...

Paimon: so it's fake!?

Yoimiya: it is!

Aether: amazing... it looks just like the real thing...

Paimon: aha... w-well... paimon's really sorry for blaming you, yoimiya!

Yoimiya: haha, it's fine! *giggle*

Paimon: phew... to think paimon was about to unleash paimonial wrath on yoimiya... hehe *wry smile*

Aether: *gasp* elder god!

Paimon: *smack his head* stop it!

Yoimiya: alright, so i guess you need something from me?