Christmas Bear

Santas workshop was covered in stuffing as teddy bears were being made and stitched together. Each one had a heart put into its chest. The elves were smiling as they did and were careful with their delicate work. The bears fur was soft and fuzzy, the bears gave the most amazing hugs when they met their companion. That eve the bears were loaded into the sleigh and were delivered one by one to their new owners. 

A very special fair-furred teddy bear sat under the Christmas tree waiting for Christmas morning to come.  As the light peeked through the window, soft footsteps could be heard skipping down the stairs and into the decorated living room, the child's eyes land on the teddy bear and a  bright smile lights up their face. They pick up the bear and cuddle it to them, the bear warms up and its heart starts beating and cuddles the child back. The child looked surprised at the bear and looked back at it shocked. 

The bear was never put down after that, the child never let the bear out of their sight. They even replaced the bow on the bear's neck with a deep red bow which was saturated in glitter. The child had formed a deep bond with the teddy bear, they were now inseparable the child had found a new friend. The teddy brought great joy and happiness to the child that year, and all through the year, but at Christmas, the bear became a very special symbol to the child and year by year that importance grew and soon the child grew and had a family of their own and gave the teddy to their own child. It became a cherished family heirloom and a very special and important symbol of the Christmas season.