part twelve

song: old scars/future hearts • all time low

{•}

michael: dylan :(

michael: i'm sad

dylan: aw why

michael: my mom yelled at me

dylan: for what?

michael: she was drunk, and said that i was a worthless waste of time and i was a mistake.

michael: nothing i haven't heard before...

dylan: mikey that's awful :(

dylan: you are not a waste of time and you are definitely not a mistake.

dylan: you should come stay at my house tonight, to get away from your mom

michael: are you sure?

dylan: yeah, i'll explain to my mom and she'll understand

michael: thank you, i owe you

dylan: and when you get here we can watch twaimz vines and YouTube videos

michael: yayyy that'll make me a happy mikey

dylan: i love happy mikey

michael: i'll be over in a few minutes

dylan: okay :)

"mom?" dylan called.

"yes, dylan?" her mom responded.

"i have a big favor to ask," dylan walked down to where her mom was preparing dinner.

"sure," her mom waited for her to go on.

"michael is having issues with his mom and he needs a place to stay tonight. is it okay if he stays here?" dylan wondered.

"of course. i'll set out an extra plate for dinner," her mom smiled.

"thank you," dylan was grateful for her mother's kindness.

she heard a knock on the door and perked up, knowing it was michael.

"hi, dyl," michael greeted her with a hug.

dylan could tell he'd been crying and she immediately felt sad, not wanting to think about one of her best friends crying.

"hi, mikey. are you hungry? my mom's making dinner," dylan asked, but michael shook his head.

"i'm okay," he shrugged.

"hi, you must be michael," dylan's mother walked out of the kitchen.

"i am. nice to meet you," michael politely shook her hand.

"nice to meet you as well. you can call me sarah," dylan's mom smiled at him.

"we'll be in the living room until dinner's ready," dylan told her mom.

the two sat on the couch and after a few minutes of silence, dylan heard soft sniffling. she looked over and saw mikey crying.

"michael?" she spoke up.

michael didn't respond, but he did hear her.

dylan did what she thought she needed to do, she wrapped her arm around him and let him lean his head on her shoulder. she didn't like this side of mikey. she liked happy mikey, not sad mikey.

"am i not good enough?" michael whispered.

"don't say that. your mother doesn't know what she's talking about," dylan assured him.

dylan noticed a scar on the side of his face and frowned.

"mike, what's that scar from? i didn't see that when we met," she asked, and felt mike flinch.

"my mom," he answered. "she burned me with her cigarette lighter."

"that's fucked up, michael, why didn't you tell me?" dylan worried.

"i didn't want you to worry," he replied.

"i don't want you to be hurt, mikey," dylan told him.

"i don't want to be hurt," he muttered.

"and i won't let that happen," dylan assured him.

that made michael smile. he didn't have someone who would do that for him. especially since his other friends don't know what's been happening.

{•}

poor mikey :(

-paynesgirl99x