part twenty-one

song: missing you • all time low

{•}

michael forgot to tell dylan a few things about himself, but he figured that she didn't need to know.

his mother, yet again, told him that he was a fuck up, a mistake, and that he shouldn't even exist. she then abused him, using glass and lighters, and he was to the point of sobbing.

he held back his tears, because he didn't want his mom to think he was weak. if she knew that, she'd do much worse.

"go to your room and don't come out," his mom sneered, and he listened, not saying a word.

this happened every day.

he wanted to run away, he wanted to leave, but he just couldn't leave dylan. she's saved him and she doesn't even know it.

michael has been six days clean. dylan was part of the reason why. she told him that he was worth something. she said that he meant a lot to her.

but michael couldn't take it today. it's been a terrible day and dylan hasn't texted him at all. she was busy, and he understood.

he grabbed the razor he'd been hiding, and let stray tears fall down his cheeks. he didn't like this life. the only upside was dylan. she was his rock.

he made three more fresh cuts, but stopped himself there. he didn't want dylan seeing any of these. he cleaned up the mess and put bracelets on his wrists.

"what did i do to deserve this?" he whispered.

he hadn't checked his phone as often as he did usually, but something told him to check. dylan had texted him about ten times. it's been five hours since he's checked.

dylan: hey mikey

dylan: michael? you there?

dylan: come on, you always answer me

dylan: what's going on babe?

dylan: are you okay?

dylan: michael....

dylan: please talk to me

dylan: i'm worried about you

dylan: mikey please

dylan: i just need to know if you're okay

michael felt bad that he didn't check earlier. he checked his phone that morning but he'd left it on his nightstand on silent.

michael: i'm okay dyl

dylan: mikey thank goodness you answered

michael: i've just had a bad day

dylan: do you want to come over?

michael: yeah, i'd like that :)

{•}

this chapter broke my heart :(

-paynesgirl99x