Pigtails ✎

・August 24th 1998 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Mall! Hurry up!!" My mom calls from downstairs.

"Inna minute!!" I yelled back as I put my hair in two cute ponytails.

It was the first day of school, first day of 1st grade to be more accurate

It was the first day of school, first day of 1st grade to be more accurate. I've anticipated this day all my life and now the day I've waited so long for had came. 

"I hope I atleast make a friend" I whispered to myself as I looked in the mirror admiring my cute outfit. I've always been a fashion girly and I had planned this outfit for days. It had to be perfect. And it was!!  It was still hot outside so I decided to wear my favorite overalls and a cute hello kitty shirt my aunt bought me a while back.

 And it was!!  It was still hot outside so I decided to wear my favorite overalls and a cute hello kitty shirt my aunt bought me a while back

I was getting really, really nervous as I headed down the stairs, I was afraid that I wouldnt make any friends since I was a bit introverted.

"Awhhh my little girl is all grown up" Dad smiled at me as I came downstairs.

I smiled back at him and walked towards dad to give him a hug.

"So, are you ready?" Mom asked me smiling as she was grabbing our cars keys.

"...Yeahh, I think so" I said in a nervous tone.

Dad quickly noticed the nervousness in my voice.

"Don't be nervous, I'm sure that today will be great" He comforted me.

I smiled slightly and grabbed my backpack that had my favorite cartoon show on it.

The three of us got into the car. As we were driving I couldn't help but drown in my own thoughts.

"What if I don't make any friends?" I thought to myself. I wasn't really a talker and always afraid of the first move.

"Maybe I should try to be brave??" I kept overthinking everything and didn't notice that I had arrived at my school.

"Have a good day sweetie, okay?" My mom looked back at the back of the car where I was sitting. She rubbed my thigh and gave me a warm smile.

I smiled back.

"Don't be afraid to make some friends, kay?" Dad smiled at me while looking at me through the rear view mirror as he was holding the wheel.

"Okay...I'll try..." I sighed.

"See you guys later" I grabbed my backpack and hopped out the car and started heading to my new schools entrance.