Chapter Thirty-Eight : Vendetta

Makima lay next to her sleeping young child, stroking his scar on his face softly with a warm smile. Her gentle face was framed in soft curls, and her hands moved with a gentle grace that belied the dark intentions behind her gaze. She had successfully manipulated (Y/n), twisting him into the image she desire, and he slept silently in her presence, completely devastated what she had shown him prior night. Despite the twisted depths of her obsession, the love and adoration are evident behind her eyes.

Makima leaned in close to (Y/n) before kissing him on the lips. She smiles as she gently pulls away after tasting (Y/n)'s lips like strawberries.

"Once you wake up, my son.."

"..Come and find me"

Makima murmured into his ear and licked his earlobe gently.

――――――

(Y/n) opened his eyes to find himself in an entirely white, bright mindscape. He stood still, his gaze fixed on the ground, and his eyes unblinked. He wondered what his true identity was, and whether he was merely an instrument for Lucifer to entertain himself with. He was lost in the depths of his thoughts, all of his awakened memories remaining fresh in his eyes and thoughts, as if reminding him of all his mistakes. He can't save Aki, let alone Power, who had her corpse dismembered and stuffed in the most horrific way possible by Makima, his 'real mother.'

There is no one else to blame except himself for his parents' death; the blame is all his. He thought for a long time, wondering what the meaning of his existence would be if he had done nothing wrong or right. He's nothing more than a vessel, a sentient shell that conceals an otherworldly deity.

After Makima revealed the truth about his past and reawakened all of his memories, his mind was empty but wracked with misery, guilt, sadness, and suffering eating him from inside like a strong parasite. However, the look on his face remained empty, with no tears streaming from his eyes and no emotion visible in his expression. He was unclear what to do next; should he wake up and keep living his phony life? Or should he just give up on everything right now to be free from all of this?

That's what the two things in his head are now arguing about, whether he should choose between the two or continue to live in spite of the reality that was shown to his eyes. 

"Do not beat yourself for it" 

(Y/n)'s eyes moved towards the deity appeared before him, standing across the mindscape. His true twin big brother was a deity who had lived in his soul the entire time. And also is the one who is responsible for not telling him sooner and kept his past hidden away from him.

"I know this is hard for you to digest, (Y/n). But you have to understand, what I did because it was for own good" Lucifer explained. However, (Y/n) remained silent as he stare intently into Lucifer's two white, dazzling eyes. A deafening silence occurred between them, and (Y/n) continued to stare at his big brother who was an otherworldly deity whom all devils bowed to.

"You've been sitting in my body all this time, watching through my eyes and seeing everything I've witnessed."

"You have silently observed from the depths of my soul, and you only take action when I get killed. You secretly enjoyed it, didn't you?"

"Is all the suffering I endured, entertained you that much?"

"Does it really amuse you how much blood I shed and how many lives I took?"

"Was all of this just a game to you?"

His words are harsh and full of hostility, yet beneath the surface of rage and anger, he reveals a deep-seated sadness and grief. His twin brother, Lucifer, stares back at him, his glowing silver eyes surveying his face, the face of the child who been through many things, slaughtering devils, fighting against inhumane threats and survived the impossible odds. Yet, behind his murky eyes, is only a mere child with troubled mind that never eased, and his hands always stained in pure crimson blood.