Wriothesley ꧁the duke's lust꧂

This is sooooo long but yk Idgaf bc I love this man and his ass

Enjoy

Preview: "You have no idea...how much I want to just grab you, and shove myself-"

A final punch straight to the gut of your opponent sent them crashing to the ground folding life a leaf. Cheers erupted in the overwhelming crowds cramped up into the pankration ring. The spotlight that shone in the dark room focused on you as you let the judge hold your hand up. You were breathing heavy, and the one good hit your opponent was able to get on your ribs was starting to bother you.

After collecting your spoils from the bets that went on, you stayed in the ring for a bit with some of your gang to discuss fighting plans in the coming weeks and who the orchestrateurs of the ring put you against. Holding ice to your swelling side was helping, but it always melted too soon. You kind of wish you had a cryo vision.

"So next week they're putting me against Luke at 10:00pm Friday? I seem to be climbing up the ranks huh?" Being put at a later time meant that you had gained more popularity among watchers. The most popular fights were always around 10:00pm or 11:00pm.

Your group began to converse among themselves as you focused on getting more ice for your side.

"Y'know the duke always watches those fights. If you do well we could secure some complementary coupons from him."

"I'm pretty sure that's a rumor, I've never seen him give any." A younger boy chimed in.

"That's because you've only been here for two months. I've seen him do it twice. The fights were brutal. The guy that got them was in the infirmary for a whole week." An older man with a line of scars on his face and neck, who's name was Alain, answered him.

"Well we get plenty from these matches anyway plus all the ones we lock away."

The group grinned at the thought of the thousands upon thousands of coupons stored away safely, making your group one of the wealthiest in the entire fortress.

"Doesn't the Duke fight too?"

"Yeah, though I've never seen him do it before in all my time here. I think it's a thing he keeps the public from seeing. Once I tried talking to a person who spared with him, and they wouldn't tell me anything. Maybe it's because I'm a fighter that he couldn't tell me, in case the Duke came to fight me later." You answered and shifted in your seat.

"Would you accept it if he asked you to?"

"Mmm probably." Your head nodded and you took the ice off. The time was now 10:23pm, and your group got up to head to their respective dorms. The man that was sitting near you with the scars, Alain, was one of your closest friends, and he helped you up to take you back.

It had been many many months, almost a year and a half since you came here with him under the charge of murder. Neither of you were innocent, and you knew that. You didn't regret it though, the person you killed had killed so many others, including a friend of yours. Yes it was wrong, but your rage did not care about the consequences.

Life wasn't so bad here though, there was free food, a way to get around, and places like the ring for you to let out any pent up anger. Alain received a sentence for helping you in the murder, so he came with you. He had been there before when he was younger, so he made sure you knew all about the fortress. The dorm was a cozy place now. Your group, more informally called a gang, was like family.

Sometimes you missed the sun, or seeing the land above, but at the same time looking at the deep sea was comforting.

Once you got up the stairs, Alain wished you a good night and headed to his own respective dorm. Your usually stiff bed was comfortable now after that fight. The swelling in your side was gone, but there was definitely going to be a bruise. Hopefully, it would be gone by next Friday. As you pulled the thick covers you bought with coupons over you, you thought through strategies for the fight.