Reawakening

3rd Person POV

Morning came as peacefully as it was always meant to. Crimson eyes slowly opened as Kaveh found himself slowly waking up to the world. He was initially a little surprised to be waking up in unfamiliar surroundings but soon the memories came back from the day before. But pain also appeared again as he winced, realizing his arms were bandaged and his cheek was still sensitive to the touch.  

There was also an unfamiliar weight pinning him on his side. He looked down to see an arm wrapped across his waist and holding the architect securely. He also realized another arm was stretched under his pillow and propping his head up slightly as a result. Slowly shifting just enough to look at the source of the limbs, he was surprised to see Alhaitham lying beside him. He was in a deep sleep from how his breathing sounded.  He rolled over ever gently to not disturb him and looked at his sleeping face.

Kaveh POV

He must have wanted to make sure I stayed. He looks so calm, not like last night when he found me. Who would have thought he would actually show something other than that stoic stone face?

I didn't know if I would have any other chance to do this but I decided to inch closer to him and nuzzle my head into his chest. I might never get such a chance ever again. I won't tell him I know he did this incase he tries to play it off later or deny it. He'll probably go back to his usual self sooner than later anyway . . .we'll go back to how it was . . .he'll go back to hating me.

This feels so warm . . .why is he so warm? Not overheating type of warmth but . . .a welcoming warmth? I can't really place the right words . . .I still feel . . .a little sleepy . . .maybe a little more . . .

I found myself dozing off again, and I wasn't afraid to this time. 

3rd Person POV

Scratches from a quill were quietly made against paper as Alhaitham sat at the small table in their room. It had been some time since he woke up, unaware that Kaveh had briefly awoken himself to find them curled up together. To the scribe's knowledge, nothing was discovered about their closeness they shared briefly. He looked over to the blonde as he laid awake and spoke to Tighnari and Collei, who came by to help and use the experience for her training.  

"How tightly should I wrap this Master Tighnari?" She paused as she re-wrapped the arm, watching as the forest ranger squeezed his thumb into Kaveh's palm. "I want to do well . . ."

"He'll tell you when it feels like what I demonstrated on him."

"Okay!" She proceeded to continue wrapping the arm. "Is this okay Mr. Kaveh?" 

"It is, thank you Collei." Kaveh smiled weakly. "But just call me Kaveh, we don't need formalities." 

"Oh, well . . .is that really okay?" Collei looked toward Tighnari with an approval seeking expression, which was returned with a nod and warm smile. "Then sure!"

Once Collei was finished bandaging Kaveh, she stepped aside to allow Tighnari to continue his examination. He asked some questions about his general health and more specific inquires to the amount of sleep he had gotten prior to the incident and other important matters. He wrote his own notes as they conversed but asked Alhaitham a few questions as well, the scribe still working away at the paperwork on the desk and asking questions in return. 

"Do you need anything else for your submission Alhaitham?"

"No, this is fine." The scribe set down his writing implement and rubbed his face from his own fatigue. "Bureaucracy is a pain in the ass. But this will make sure there are no problems for any of us."