III ~ Níl Sé'n Lá

"Tell me that the night is long, tell me that the moon is glowing. Fill my glass, I'll sing a song and will start the music flowing."

In which a potential future for half-siblings Nolan Price and Sylvie Brett is examined. What better time than to view it than at Christmas? I missed my favorite fanon siblings, so have three of my favorite fanon relationships having Christmas together.

With Cosgrove no longer on the L&O roster (I'm still salty about this), I have no clue what the future looks like, but I picture this to be taking place about five years from "Trouble Don't." Griffin would be in his senior year of college with Ben and Lily in their first.

***

Some winter garments she had had in Chicago had not made the move to Austin with her. As she leaned on the porch railing and watched the children frolic in the snow, Sylvie was glad she had kept her favorite gloves and scarf.

Despite the late hour and the moon hanging high in the dark sky, all of the kids were still high on energy. It wasn't often they could spend all their time together, and the Cosgrove-Price household had room for all of them when they wanted a sleepover. Griffin, Ben, and Lily were outnumbered by the younger children, none of them in the double digits, but they were still all smiles and laughs as they took advantage of the snow and taught their family members how to make a snowman. Ben and Amelia were patching up the snow while Griffin directed Andy and Shay to place the coal buttons in a line, and Christina handed a carrot to Lily as she helped Julia finish the snowman's face.

Sylvie recognized the person who leaned on the railing next to her before he even spoke. "I will never get tired of watching them together."

"I know," Sylvie smiled happily, shuffling and leaning her head on her brother's shoulder. "They're all so close. I can't believe it."

Nolan chuckled. "Family isn't just blood."

Sylvie nodded, seeing the happiness on Andy and Shay's faces as Griffin high-fived them after their work. "It really isn't."

"The drinks are almost finished," Nolan told her, tugging his coat tighter around him and watching with a smile as Lily helped Julia adjust the snowman's hat. "Then we get to dig into those cookies Sam has been baking."

"I love it out here, but warm drinks and cookies sound amazing right now," Sylvie nodded, watching in concern when she noticed Shay shiver. "Then we just need to see how long the sugar rushes will last."

Nolan snorted. "Knowing Lily, she'll burn out while she's burning out her cousin."

"Yeah, the boys will do the same thing," Sylvie agreed.

Julia wriggled in Lily's arms, and Lily placed her on the ground so she could shuffle her way to Ben and Amelia. "I have no idea how you're doing this," Nolan admitted. "You took the Dardens, then Scott was killed in an accident and you took Amelia, then you adopted Julia . . . and now you have Andy and Shay."

"We have our ups and downs," Sylvie smiled. "We're lucky both boys decided to stay close to home for college. After she moved in with us, Amelia practically attached herself to Ben's hip. We finally had an idea of what we were doing by the time we adopted Julia." She smiled wryly. "And then I found out I could have twins with different fathers."

"The looks on their faces!" Nolan laughed loudly, making Sylvie blush. "I don't know who was more surprised!"

"Pretty sure that was still Owen," Sylvie bit her lip to stifle her giggles. "TK and Buck had a good laugh over his expression."