CHAPTER 1.5: Home

CHAPTER 1.5:
                           HOME
                WORD COUNT: 905
                        CW: None
      PUBLISHING DATE:26/12/2023
------------------------------------------------------------
About half an hour later,

Delia and Professor Oak finished their conversation, and Delia went to the backyard and found Ash lying on the grass looking happy, a little too happy.

"Ash, we need to go home now, we can come to the Lab another time alright?" Delia using a louder voice informing Ash.

"Okay, Mom!" Ash stood up immediately when he heard his mother's voice, feeling excited to find out what Pokemon were in the other Pokeballs. 

Before leaving, Delia and Ash bid farewell to Professor Oak, but Ash's attention was on a conversation between two senior professors not far away from Ash, so Ash could overhear bits of their conversation.

"Did that Pikachu run out again?" asked a female professor.

"Yes, we just found it sleeping, and a few scars on it." replied a male professor who wears glasses.

"What a headache... what is Professor Oak going to do with it? No trainers would be willing to accept such a.......disobedient Pikachu..." the female professor sighed.

"Don't say that.....If Professor Oak hears this he'll be mad......but I heard that Professor Oak might give it away as a starter or just keep it though......"

Ash heard this conversation, wondering if the Pikachu they were saying was the yellow mouse Pokemon in the room he had seen just now, it did have some scars on it, and it was sleeping as well. While Ash was deep in his thoughts, Delia smacked Ash's head to stop him from thinking.

"Ash! What are you thinking? Say goodbye to Professor Oak!" Delia said with a slightly angry expression on her face.

"Sorry, Mom I was thinking about what starter I should choose......Goodbye, Professor Oak!" Ash apologized, but lying about what he was thinking then said his Bye's to Professor Oak.

"Haha, is okay Delia. Ash is about to get his Pokemon soon, and we all know how much he wanted to get a Pokemon since he was a toddler!" Professor Oak laughed, then patted Ash's head.

After that, Delia and Ash started walking home. A few minutes later, they arrived home and Ash immediately went upstairs to his room. Delia seeing this sighed, It was weird about Ash's behaviour just now.

In Ash's room,

When Ash went inside his room, he immediately locked the doors and took his backpack off. Opening his backpack, Ash felt that his hands were shaking in excitement. Ash took a deep breath and opened his backpack, seeing the backpack stuffed with Pokeballs inside of them Ash couldn't hold it but laughed with joy.

"I have Pokemon now...!" Ash mumbled, staring at the Pokeballs and smiling happily.

Ash then took a Pokeball that contained Growlithe out of the backpack, and let Growlithe come out of its Pokeball.

"Come on out Growlithe"

At the same time, Ash turned his Game station on, in case Growlithe made too much of a noise, and when his mother questioned about it, he would have an excuse and cover. When Growlithe came out, Ash's room was full of noises coming from the game station, a little loud that startled Growlithe.

"Growlithe! Growl!" Growlithe growled at Young Ash, in the position of preparing to attack.

"You don't need to be so precautions......I'm your new trainer from now on Growlithe" Ash smiled a little bit awkwardly, then patted Growlithe's head with a naive smile informing him.

"Growl?" Listening to Ash's words, Growlithe looked at Ash with confusion and disbelief, he couldn't believe that his trainer would leave him without a word. Abandoning him? No, Growlithe would never believe that his precious trainer would do that to him. But then Ash said something that he hated hearing.

"Well, I'm sorry Growlithe, I think your trainer abandoned you......your trainer said you were weak and useless....." Ash said harsh words, but Ash needed to do it for Growlithe to accept him fully.

"Growl...ithe?" Growlithe expression was filled with disbelief, then switched to sadness, feeling betrayed that his trainer whom he trusted so much abandoned him just because he was weak, Growlithe sat on the floor, whimpering with a down face. "Growl.........growl...."

Ash sighed looking at Growlithe, but truly Ash was smirking deep down in his heart.

"It won't take long till Growlithe accepts me," Ash thought with confidence.

While Growlithe was whimpering, Ash did what a good trainer would do and started comforting Growlithe. Soon, Growlithe slept peacefully in Ash's arms, so Ash returned Growlithe to its Pokeball and put its Pokeball back into his backpack. After that, Ash switched off the game station and grabbed his backpack, going downstairs.

"Ash, are you going out?" Delia asked when he saw Ash with his backpack.

"Yes Mom, I'm going to route 1 " Ash nodded his head replying to his mother, while tying his shoelaces.

"But......wouldn't that be a little dangerous Ash? I mean you don't even have a Pokemon yet, and you might get hurt" Delia said her worries, worried Ash would get hurt by the wild Pokemon in Route 1. 

"Mom, don't worry so much. I won't go too far into Route 1.....just nearby" Even though Ash felt a little annoyed, he still smiled at Delia to make her assured, but the smile looked a little forced.

"If you say so.....Be safe Ash!" Delia sighed, as she knew she couldn't stop Ash from going, and it could be a good thing, to let Ash know what Pokemon are in Route 1, and be more prepared for his journey, Delia convinced herself.

"I will Mom, bye!" Ash wears his red cap with a Pokeball logo on it and leaves the house, heading to Route 1.

                TO BE CONTINUED...