CHAPTER 6: Spearow Attack!

CHAPTER 6:
                   Spearow Attack!
                WORD COUNT: 2553
                         CW: None
     PUBLISHING DATE:20/1/2024
------------------------------------------------------------
Route 1

Ash was walking through Route 1, wearing rubber gloves and holding a rope tied to Pikachu. Ash was using half of his strength just to drag Pikachu, as it didn't want to follow Ash.

"Pikachu, do you plan to be like this forever?" Ash sighed, asking Pikachu, "Do you not like me?"

Pikachu nodded its head as a reply. "Pika!"

"I understand, but you're my Pokemon now, so can't you change your attitude and be a little nicer?" Ash patiently asked while giving out a genuine smile on his face.

"Pika pika." Pikachu shook its head as a reply.

"Well, you're no different than other Pokemon, and you should go inside your pokeball just like the others," Ash said, taking out his Pokedex to make it more believable. "Just like what the Pokedex said."

"While being trained, a Pokemon usually stays inside its pokeball," a robotic voice said from the Pokedex.

"See?" Ash said, proving it to Pikachu

Pikachu then jumped and pressed a button at the Pokedex.

"However, there are many exceptions; some Pokemon hate being confined." The Pokedex continued.

"..." Ash had no words to say and started untying Pikachu and taking off his rubber gloves. "That should be better, right?"

"Pika?" Pikachu was surprised for a second and started staring at Ash with disbelief, then shaking its head.

"So it's still not good enough?" Ash sighed.

"Pika" Pikachu nodded its head, looking away from Ash.

"It's okay; I'm sure we'll be best friends in the future." Ash sighed again, a bitter smile showing up on his face, and stood up. "What a hard-dealing Pokemon, like that annoying Dugtrio." Ash felt aggravated the moment he stood up; in Ash's eyes, Pikachu was just another Dugtrio.

Then the sound of grass ruffling appeared, along with the sound of a Pokemon.

Ash looked cautiously at the ruffling grass, and then a primarily brown-colored bird appeared in Ash's sight. "Pidgey, pidgey." A pidgey appeared with its head tilted, staring at Ash.

"A pidgey?" Ash relaxed and stared at Pidgey, having an urge to catch it as it was the first Pokemon he encountered on his journey.

Ash turned his head, but Pikachu wasn't there. Ash looked around for Pikachu and found it lying on a tree. Ash knew Pikachu wouldn't want to battle in a condition like this, so he grabbed a pokeball out of his backpack and threw it while shouting, "Growlithe, come on out!"

A blue light flashed, and Growlithe appeared. "Growlithe!"

"Pika?" Pikachu opened his eyes, seeing this shocking view. Not expecting Ash to have a Pokemon, Pikachu sat up, standing on the tree, wanting to see the battle between Growlithe and Pidgey.

Ash then took out his Pokedex, scanning for Growlithe and Pidgey's information. Then the Pokedex started saying, "Growlithe, a fire-type Pokemon. A poémon with a friendly nature. However, it will bark fiercely at anything invading its territory. It also has a superb sense of smell, ensuring that this Pokémon won't forget any scent, no matter what. It uses its sense of smell to detect the emotions of others. It can be evolved to Arcanine by using a firestone."