CHAPTER 4: Caught?

CHAPTER 4:
                          CAUGHT?
              WORD COUNT: 2231
       CW: LANGUAGE, DECEPTION
      PUBLISHING DATE:31/12/2023
------------------------------------------------------------

3 weeks had passed ever since Ash had stolen the Pokemon from Professor Oak's Lab, every week Ash would choose a day to feed Pokemon food for the Pokemon in"Route 1" as well. But Ash isn't feeding them, but his own Pokemon and training them as well. 

In the morning, like usual Ash washed up and went downstairs but found an unexpected guest, a woman with dark teal hair, wearing a purple cap with a black rim, a red top, and a gold star, a sign that she was a police officerWhen Ash saw her, his body shook a little, clenched his fist, scared that he would get caught because of stealing Pokemon but then Ash took a deep breath and went downstairs.

"Mom, who's this?" Ash asked and sat straight on the couch beside his mother, with the female officer on the opposite.

"Oh, Ash! Your awake, this is Officer Jenny!" Delia smiled when Ash arrived and introduced the female officer who was called Officer Jenny.

"She's a police? Why is she her Mom? Is she your friend Mom? That's so cool!" Ash asked confusingly, then thought of something and looked at her mother with stars in his eyes.

"No, no Ash. Officer Jenny is here to investigate!" Delia shaked her head and explained.

"Investigate? Investigate what? Did someone break into our house Mom?" Ash asked with confusion and "worried", "worried" if his house got robbed.

"No Ash, Officer Jenny because someone stole the Pokemons in Professor's Oak Lab" Delia sighed but still explained patiently.

"What? They stole the Pokemon from Professor's Oak Lab? They didn't steal the starters did they?!" Ash stood up when he heard the Pokemon was stolen.

"Ash Ketchum! Sit back down, there are still people here, Apologize! And I am not sure what they stole either, and go eat your breakfast!" Delia scolds Ash for being discourteous in front of other people.

"Okay, Mom...I'm sorry Officer Jenny!" Ash bowed to Officer Jenny apologizing, then went to the dining table to eat his breakfast.

"...This police...Hope she won't find out, or else she needs to be gone"The moment Ash turned his back, his face changed to a very serious and annoyed expression, he took a peek at Officer Jenny and started eating breakfast with his usual face.

"What was that..." Officer Jenny noticed someone looking at her, when she turned her head it was Ash, a cheerful boy from his impression, but the stare he looked at her, was nothing like the boy from just now. 

"Mrs. Ketchum, I'm afraid my colleagues and I will need to inspect your house, please understand as the the whole village will be getting inspected as well." Jenny frowned starting to get suspicious of Ash, and she took out an inspection paper and gave it to Delia. 

"Is okay, I understand" Delia agreed to the inspection, since is not like she had anything to hide.

While Ash was enjoying his breakfast, he suddenly felt his back cold, like something bad was about to happen, his eyes stared at where the living room was. Ash stood up and placed his ear on the wall wanting to eardrop on their conversation, what he heard was not the thing he wanted.

"Hello? Officer Jenny speaking, please send some comrades to XXX to inspect their house." Officer Jenny used a walkie talkie.

Ash knew he was going to get caught sooner or later, it would just take time, as the pokeballs were just hiding in his room under the bed, and they would definitely find it, Ash started to panic, but he forced himself to remain calm, and thought of a way, as it was the only thing he could think of. Ash threw his half-ated breakfast into the trash can and went upstairs.