CHAPTER 5: The Journey Begins

CHAPTER 5:
            THE JOURNEY BEGINS
              WORD COUNT: 1475
                   CW: NOTHING
       PUBLISHING DATE:5/1/2024
------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, morning

Ash woke up earlier than expected due to his clock waking him up, he brushed his teeth, put on his clothes, and lay on the bed.

"It's a little too early now, If I go now the chances of getting that Pikachu is low." Ash thought while staring at the ceiling, waiting for time to pass off.

And finally, Ash heard the knock on the door, Ash felt like it's been a few hours just waiting for the knock on his door.

"Ash! Wake up! You need to get to Professor's Oak to get your Pokemon remember?Delia knocked at Ash's door informing him.

"Mhm...One more minute Mom......." Ash replied with a sleepy tone, even though he was awake already. "It's 8 o'clock right now, the starters are probably gone" Ash got up from the bed, grabbed his backpack and cap, and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Oh, Ash! Your finally awake, come and eat breakfast and quickly go to Professor's Oak Lab!"  Delia said.

"I know Mom! The clock didn't ring!" Ash blamed it on the clock and started eating breakfast quickly, making it seem like he was in a rush.

"Ash don't eat that quicky...or you'll choke-" Delia said when her words were cut off by Ash.

"-Mom, I'm going to Professor Oak's Lab now! Bye!" Ash bid goodbye to his mother, tied his shoes, put on his cap, and left.

"But Ash your breakfast..." Seeing Ash's disappearing back, Delia sighed and started packing's Ash leftovers in a lunch box.

Outside of the house, Ash started walking, walking quite slowly, the Lab wasn't that far, a few minutes later he reached his destination, and outside was a big crowd and three girls were on the front cheering for Gary with pink pom poms.

"Gary, Gary he's a man, if he can't do it no one can!" The three girls cheered with the same sentence.

"Uhm... Excuse me please" Ash squeezed through the crowd while complaining about the girls in his mind. "Did Gary hire these girls? Does he not feel awkward at all?" Ash took a glare at the three girls not noticing the path ahead of him, and bumped into someone.

"Owh!" Ash fell to the ground, and following was a voice.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" Gary said with an arrogant tone and followed. "Oh, you must be Ash! Better late than never I guess, but you got the chance to meet right? So it isn't all that bad." Gary said with a slightly sarcastic tone, taunting Ash he woke up late.

"Gary?" Ash got up from the ground, memorizing who Gary was and disliking his arrogance.

"Hmph, It's Mr. Gary to you! Show some respect. You snooze you lose Ash, I'm way in front of you, I got a Pokemon and you don't!" Gary tells Ash that he's way behind his back as he has already gotten his Pokemon and he doesn't, but not knowing Ash already has three Pokemon.

"Oh, you gotten your first Pokemon?" Ash wanted to laugh at Gary, but he resisted it since he can't let anyone know he has Pokemons already.

"Yes, and it is inside this Pokeball!" Gary took out his pokeball and started spinning it, saying with a conceited tone., and the three girls started cheering again.

"Yes, yes you're so cool, Gary! I'm going to go meet Professor Oak now" Ash replied with a perfunctory tone and pushed Gary aside and walked into the Lab