Chapter 8

✧✩✮❀Valerie POV❀✭✩✧

4. March. 2023, Bahrain

The next day was not much different to yesterday, Charles brought me to the track and I've gone to my office and thought about some ideas to post on the YouTube account, cause it's quite a time ago when something was posted there the last time.

I thought of some funny challenges that Max and Daniel could do. I ended up my them doing a little dart game. I remembered Max playing that once in a Pub when we were drunk was quite funny. Max wasn't really good. I beaten him about five times. I guess Max should stay at racing.

After quite some time I watched at the clock and noticed that there were some minutes left until third practice would start. I walked down the stairs and saw some engineers talking.

"...Leclerc don't drive.." what? Did I hear right or did I just overheard something. I walked up to them.

"What did you just say about Leclerc?" I asked them confused.

"Oh Uhm I said Charles Leclerc won't drive in the third practice due some problems with his car" he said to me. Fuck this is not good. I don't want to imagine what he feels but I can't just run off to the Ferrari garage.

                   ⋆☁︎⋄☀︎⋅Charles POV⋅☀︎⋄☁︎⋆

As the engineer told me that I won't drive this practice I was furious. It made me mad, they checked my car in the morning and noticed it wouldn't start. They would need hours to fix it. They said to me that they can get it fixed until qualifying but I couldn't drive the last practice of this weekend.

After some hours of just sitting there. I got a message on my phone from Val.

Val❤️
Hey I heard the news I'm sorry for you. Can you drive quali?

Charlie💞
                                                       Thanks, yep, I'm good at least according to the circumstances and yeah my car will be ok until quali.

I wish she would be here with me but I knew she couldn't just run off of work. I loved that she asked me about my well being tho. She's just so thoughtful.

I watched practice. Nothing different to normal Max ended up P1 with Carlos and George following behind. Nothing was much different except the one point I wasn't sitting in my car and drive myself, it still made me mad, but I had to get it out of my thoughts.

I did some interviews, most questions were about 'what happened with the car' or 'can you drive in the qualifying' so really basic questions when your car didn't start. I pissed me off. I just wanted to bring it behind me.

After that I got ready for quali even tho it was one hour left, so I sat there on the little couch in my drivers room. I scrolled on my phone and checked some media when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I said. I didn't had really much energy to stand up and open the door myself. It was probably just an engineer to tell me something unimportant anyways. As the door opened I still didn't look up from my phone.

"Uhhm someone from the back door opened it for me as I explained them the situation" I heard a feminine voice saying. A voice that I liked, that calmed me whenever something bad happened. I looked up cause I already knew who stood there, I put my phone away and walked up to her. I pressed her against the wall and began to kiss her neck. It distracted me from the thoughts that flew through my head.

"Charles how are you?" little moans escaped her lips as she broke the silence.

"Better since you here" I whispered against her neck. Her long golden brown hair was bopping against her breast at every movements she made. She pushed me back on the couch. I stopped kissing her and just took every glance I got from her.

"Charles" her soft voice made my ears feel well

"Val" and her name rolled of my tongue so easily.

"Talk to me I don't have much time. You can kiss me later" she stopped the mood I was in. I wanted to feel her soft skin against my warm lips. I wanted to taste everything from her.

"I see this as an offer that I will take later" I smirked at her. She didn't looked much pleased with my answer.

"What do you want to hear from me?" I groaned at her. I hate to talk about my problems.

"I know you don't feel good just tell me" she responded. I didn't feel good right, maybe I made much more of a problem than it was, but I'm scared that the car will have problems and I'll disappoint everyone like I always do.

"No I don't feel good but you being here at the track gives me better feelings you know" it really did I didn't lie. In the past I dealt with panic attacks when something like this happened I don't even know why, it's not that bad in the end it was just practice. But I just couldn't shut out my thoughts. I hated myself for worrying so much about this shit.

"You will do great Charles. I'm proud of you just don't think to much about it" just as if she could read my mind. It made me feel good her words actually helped me. I heard a phone buzz and it wasn't mines so it had to be hers.

"Fuck I'm already late Max is asking were I am, sorry Charles I have to leave but you'll do great. I believe in you!" She rushed the words down at me. I walked up to her again and pressed my lips against hers.

"Can't you stay a bit longer" I mumbled against her lips.

"Nope I should've never left"

"But you still came" I said.

"Yeah of course I had to check on you. You're important to me" a grin was built on my face.

"I'm important to you?" I asked her with a playful smile.

"You dummy of course you are do you think I would spend that much time with you if I wouldn't like you" my smile grew so wide I didn't even knew I could do such a big smile that my jaw hurt.

"And now I have to leave bye" she said like really fast. She then pressed one last kiss on top of my head and left. As I wanted to say bye she was already gone. The smile I had on my face was like it was plastered on it.

I looked at the clock and saw that the qualifying almost began. I almost missed quali fuck. What she can do to me but I didn't care much about it in the end.

I got into my car and before I could drive off I heard the voice of Xavi in my ears.

"Radio check" he asked but I didn't respond I didn't even noticed what he said.

"Charles? Hello?" Shit. I have to concentrate.

"Loud and clear"

————————————————————————-
AN: thanks for reading. Guys I don't really know if I like this story or not tell me what do you think about it. It's fun writing it but I'm just not that happy with the outcome. Yk have a good day