Chapter 1

✧✩✮❀Valerie POV❀✭✩✧

24. November 2022, Monaco

Almost half a year has passed since I left Belgium with Max. So what has happened? Max couldn't stay long with me since we arrived in Monaco cause summer break was over and he had to get to his own life again, but that didn't meant he didn't helped me anymore. I could talk to him all the time.  I got a job as a photographer. So my hobby became my job. I didn't earn much money but enough to get an lovely apartment in Monaco. 

Winter came near and I couldn't keep my job not because I wasn't good enough it was because the store had to close. So I had no job anymore, but that wasn't the only problem I had. I could barely sleep because of all the nightmares I had. That wasn't new to me. I had them since I was little.... since my dad began to hurt me, but since I left they got worse. 
I've never told Max about all of this. I didn't wanted to upset him he has enough things to do himself with his f1 career.

The 2022 F1 season has found an end and that meant Max would come back. I was happy i needed him. I needed my comfort person more like the only person I had left over back. He could always make me laugh even when I was at my lowest.

In the last race it was clear Max is again the world champion I could not be more happy about it. I'm so happy for him.

When Max returned the first thing that we did was hugging each other. We hugged each other so tight I couldn't think about anything else... nothing not my dad or my mom just the hug. I felt so save... I didn't felt so save in months. As we loosen the hug he smiled at me with the brightest smile I've ever seen and I returned it.

After that we talked about live and I knew I had to tell him about my job so I did. He offered to help me to get a new one and I was so happy that I hugged him again.

Then I mumbled a quit „thank you" against his neck.

„For what?" He asks

„that you've always been there for me"

„you would do the same for me"

Oh yes I would.
I would do everything
for you actually.

16. December 2022, Monaco

„Val! VAL!" Max shouted through the whole apartment.
„WHAT?" I shouted back

When he found me he had such a wide smile on his face what made me smile too.

„why are you screaming through my whole apartment? What is going on?" I chuckled

„I have such good news. You won't believe it!" He says, but he forgot to tell me the news.

„should I now guess or what? Just tell me... NOW!" I raised my voice a bit.

„oh yeah your right. I got a job for you!"

„really as what? Don't play with me!"

„I could never. I call you now Valarie Broofman the new head of the Media Team at red Bull" he can't be for real. Me really me working in F1. This was a dream since I was little and he knew that.

„Wait are u serious now. Don't joke with me it isn't funny!"

„I'm serious! The last one was fired so they needed someone new and I suggested you. They absolutely loved you."

....

Time went by and the new season has started me and Max had to fly to the first race that was in Bahrain.

29. February 2023, Bahrain

We went with Max's jet to Bahrain. I just slept the whole flight on Max's shoulder. When we arrived Max and I drove to the hotel in a taxi. I took a look on the hotel from the outside it was so big and so beautiful. I've never been in a hotel before cause my family was really poor and max never took me to one before.

We both got in and from the inside it looked even more beautiful. I didn't expect it to. Max got me the key card when we stepped in the elevator. Max had to get out earlier because my floor was higher. When I got out I went to my hotel room 368. I left my suitcase next to the door to get a look at the hotel room at first. It was pretty big and really natural decorated. I took a look at the view from the window. I used to see this kind of view just on pictures and now I was here.

1. March 2023, Bahrain

Today is my first day. The first day I get to track. I made myself ready. I wore a black baggy jeans and of course a Red Bull shirt, that was a bit oversized because it was one of Max's. I used to steal him his shirts since we were little and I definitely did not plan to stop doing it.

Max waited in the lobby for me. He wanted that we get together to the track. So did we. Max drove me with his car to the track. Then we both got to the paddock. Suddenly Max stopped to talk with some other guy. I guessed it was another driver. I could not recognize him cause the last years I stopped following Formula 1 that much. That's why I didn't know the other F1 drivers except Max of course.

He had brown curly hair and an orange shirt on what had the name McLaren on it. So I knew he must've been a driver from McLaren...

„So who is she?" He suddenly asked what ripped me out of my thoughts.

„she's my bestfriend since we were young. Her name's Valerie" he said with a lovely smile on his face

„hi Valerie nice to meet you" he said with a really nice and calm voice.

„nice to meet you uhh—" he interrupted me as he saw I looked kind of lost.

„Lando" he said and I smiled.

„nice to meet you then Lando" I replied with a thankfully smile

„I hope I see you here around someday" he said

„you definitely will she's the new head of media at Red Bull" max said proudly. The only thing I could do was to smile at him.
Lando just gave me a Little smile and then we said goodbye. We then left him and got to Reb Bull garage.

„are you nervous?" Max asked me. I think he saw how helpless I looked.

„of course I am. What if they don't like me and say I can't keep the job?" I overthought a lot, but then max just took my hand and stopped walking.

„hey you are thinking too much again they will absolutely love you I'm sure about that. Don't worry that much ok. Please!" I gave him a smile and then I hugged him I could feel all the stares that came from the other people, but I didn't care as long as we have us nothing matters. He will be my bestfriend forever.

———————————————————————————
authors note: ik this story kinda sounds like a Max story but it isn't believe me Charles will come but it takes a while to get him in the story I want to write this story with full heart to make it as good as possible💞