Chapter 9

✧✩✮❀Valerie POV❀✭✩✧

4. March 2023, Bahrain

Qualifying started great for Red Bull and Charles car seemed good again at least it looked like it. Max and Charles had some fighting with the track times. After Q1 was finished Charles was on P1 and Max on P2.

Just after Q1 the engineers noticed that something was off with Maxs car. What a day at first Charles car had problems and now Maxs car.

He tried to drive but at some point his engine just blew off. He had to park his car next to the track and he made it out save, but as he left his car he was furious. He cursed so much through the radio it made my ears hurt and I think I wasn't the only one who thought so.

He kicked his foot again a barrier. Sometimes it is like this with him, when his anger takes control of him. This is the moment when you have to be careful with him with what you say and what you do. I hate to see him like this it made my stomach twist. At least he still made it to Q3 what meant he would start 10th in the race tomorrow.

After some time he got drove back to track. I stood in the middle of the garage as he entered the garage he just walked past me. This isn't the first time he did this and it won't be the last, but I'm already used to it. It means that he wants to be alone and I knew it's better if that happens to just do it.

I just continued to watch quali. Charles made a pretty good job out there. But had some fights with Mercedes now. He made it to P2 in the end which meant he would start in the front row what could be a big opportunity to win for him.

P1-Lewis Hamilton
P2-Charles Leclerc
P3-Oscar Piastri
P4-Lando Norris
P5-George Russel
P6-Carlos Sainz
P7-Fernando Alonso
P8-Sergio Perez
P9-Alex Albon
P10-Max Verstappen

That were the top ten at the end of Q3. Seeing Max at the bottom hurt my heart, I mean he isn't P20 but it still hurts. When he has problems with his car or other stuff he always doubts himself, he's done that since he was a child, his dad taught him that way. Oh well what a surprise two people with daddy issues bound to be best friends.

I gave Max one hour to doubt himself I didn't wanted him to do that but I just knew better, one time I actually didn't left him alone, I wanted to help him but he just pushed me away and ignored me for longer than I thought, he just gets mad at me and after, he ignores me, cause he's mad at himself for acting like an ass to me. It makes him self feel like shit I can sense it, I'm just like him that's the reason why we understand each other that bad cause I'm like him and he's like me. No ones better than the other we are just the mess like the parents who created us.

I guess I gave max now enough time to calm down so I walked right to his drivers room and gave him a knock so he knows that I'm coming in. I opened the door without even asking to come in then I placed my back against the door frame.

"Hey Max how....how are you?" My voice sounded unsure and so I was.

"What do you think how I feel" the anger was still lingering in his voice. Maybe it was to early to come?

"Don't let the anger out on me Max it's not my fault that you're car was shit today" I couldn't stand being nice anymore, if he's mad at me I can be mad at him too.

"I'm sorry Val I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just what would my dad say?" His head was pointed down the floor. I finally closed the door behind me and walked to the place he was sitting on. I sat myself right next to him and I laid my hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Who cares what your dad would say, he's not here, but I am I'm here for you and I say it's not your fault after all stop doubting yourself there will be better times and even if you start tenth you can still make the best out of it. One time you even drove from P20 to P2 so why is P10 to P1 so much different?" He looked at me thankful, his eyes began to shine again.

"You're right, I will win, I have to win. I'm going to show everyone what I can do," he finally said. It made me happy that I could help him. I have to help him while I can because he helped me a lot more during the worst times of my life. I could never pay back what he did, but I'm trying. I stood up from the place we were sitting at cause I thought it would be better to leave him alone again, so I walked to the door again.

"Wait Val" Max said a bit louder. I turned my body around again to face him.

"Yea what is" I looked at him questioning.

"Thank you. Thank you for always being there for me!" What he said made my heart feel warm.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm just doing what you do aswell. I'm just being your friend" I smiled at him and then left the room.

As I left Max room I walked back to the place where I was before. When I looked outside the garage I saw a person standing there. The red of his race suit pierced into my eyes. His green eyes immediately locked with mine and a grin was on his lips. Charles

I rushed to him, my feet were faster than I thought they could be. He pulled me into his embrace, so I could smell his cologne.

"I told you, you're gonna do it. I'm so proud of you Charlie!" I whispered whose excitement in his ear.

"Yeah you did that" he placed a little kiss on my neck. I didn't even care in that moment who would see that. I didn't wanted to be afraid anymore cause of every move I do.

———————————————————————————
Authors note: kinda short chapter, hope you like it anyway. Sorry that there weren't a new chapter for way to long. School is just exhausting, but anyway F1 is gonna start this month I'm so happy and I'm so excited for all the cars getting presented
Have a good day X K