Prologue

⚠️Tw: violence, childhood trauma⚠️
Hungary wasn't such a good weekend for Charles and Carlos hoping for a better race in Belgium if it not get canceled because of the rain.....
....
  ✧✩✮❀Valerie POV❀✭✩✧

A normal Childhood. That was all I ever wanted, but I don't got one. I've never had a mom to comfort me when I cried, I've never had a dad teach me to ride a bike, I've never had a loving relationship with my parents nothing all I had was my older brother, but he left....he left me..when I was 9.

My Dad was never nice to us, especially not to my brother he hit him... That's why my brother left. He never got in touch again. I understood that he never contacted our parents again, but neither did he contact me.

After he left, my Dad began to hit me.. That hurt, but what should I have done. I was 9, helpless and weak so I had just to live with it. Year to year it got more painful. He didn't just hit me, he did so much more like there was this on time were he grabbed my wrist and put my hand on a really hot plate. He burned me so much that we had to go to the hospital. When I was alone with the nurse she asked me what happened and if I needed help, but right before she asked my Dad told me if I would say anything he would kill me and I truly believed him. I was so scared that I said that I just put my hand on the hot plate accidentally. When that happened I was 12 years old. He did such stuff over years and I had no one. My Mom, she is an alcoholic so she did nothing she was just always drunk and she didn't care at all.

Since my Childhood my Dad had a friend Jos Verstappen. He wasn't such a good dad either. He had a son named Max. He was my best friend and he helped me. Sometimes after my dad hurt me, I went over to max. He didn't say a word because he already knew what had happened and he knew I didn't wanted to talk about so he just gave me an hug. He always comforted me till I calmed down. He was the only one I had left.

We were like siblings, but he wasn't so often at home because of his race career. He wanted to get into formula 1 and I understood it. Formula 1 was a safe space for both of us. We watched mostly every race together. I always supported max and so did he with me.

As the years went by Max finally got into formula 1 and I found my passion in photography. Max got me my first camera a Panasonic Lumix FZ2000. A lot of things changed when he got into F1, but not our friendship nothing could change this kind of friendship.

What also not changed was the anger my dad had and I had to feel all of it. From day to day it got more. I just couldn't stand it anymore mentally and my body couldn't stand it anymore as well. Just everything hurt so bad. Sometimes he hit me so hard that I passed out and then I just woke up on the cold floor and didn't knew what had happened, but I didn't told max I just couldn't. I knew he changed too he isn't that little kid anymore who says nothing he would do anything and that just would cause attention and I hate attention, at least attention about something like that.

15. August 2022, Belgium

Max came back... he came back for me finally. He always did that in summer break. That's mostly the only thing I'm looking forward too. He should be here at 12 am and now it's 11 am. Before I could get up I felt that my head aches so bad. I thought about yesterday and I remembered that I had a big argument with my dad. It went a bit to far like it always did but this was different.. it was worse that before. So I just took a painkiller and swallowed it.

Then I stood up. I was already scared to look in the mirror, because I already knew there would be so many bruises. So I stood in the bathroom right in front of the mirror but not looking into it. My head finally raised up and I saw how bad it was, but I couldn't pay much attention. I had to cover it up before max comes. So I just took my makeup and tried to cover it up as good as possible. I heard the bell rang and I hadn't enough time to check if everything was covered up so I just hoped it.

Gladly my Dad wasn't at home cause he had to work. I couldn't face him now I just wanted to concentrate on max so I did. I opened the door were max already stood with opened arms. I was so happy to see him that I jumped up into his arms and he twirled me around  we rejoiced like two little kids . Then he got in. I asked him if he wanted to watch a movie.

he said:„ yes but just If I can pick"

„of course you can pick who else?" I replied with a smile on my face.

He picked a sad movie of course he did. Max liked those he said they are profound. We watched it till the end I felt the tears coming out of my eyes.

„are you crying?" He said while laughing at me

I throw a pillow at him.
„don't act like I'm the only one I saw tears running down your face as well" I chuckled while saying that, but he laughed as well, but then he stopped he looked kinda mad, but I didn't knew why. I looked at him confused.

„Max what's wrong did I say—"

He interrupted me...

„Does he still hit you?" 

Fuck
why did he ask me that.
Did I not covered everything
or did the tears ruin my makeup....

„Valerie?" He said I could see the worry and rage building up in his eyes.

„What? He does not." I said really nervously but max always saw when I lied to him.

„I can't believe this. Why are you lying just tell... just tell me the truth please I need to know it I am going to help you just tell me. Tell me now!" He said with so much worry in his voice. I needed to think if it was the right choice if I should tell him or not what was right and what was wrong.

„yes....yes he does" while saying that my voice broke and I could feel the tears running down my face, I didn't wanted to look in his eyes cause I felt embarrassed to cry. He hugged me really tightly. He calmed me down just like he did when we were little and it helped it helped like it always did. He then stopped hugging me and we looked each other in the eyes then he opened his mouth to speak.

„ ok Valerie you need to listen to me now alright?"
I just nodded as a simple reply.

„I know that your dad is coming late so we have enough time to get you out of here—" I knew he wanted to say more but I stopped him.

„and then where am I supposed to go I have no place to stay and I have no one except you!" I said with my voice a bit raised up.

„you are going to come with me!"

„to Monaco?" I asked him confused

„yeah and that is not a question you have to get out of here and I don't want to hear anything else except thank you!" He said with a nice smile on his face.

a little „thank you" escaped my lips you could barely hear it but I knew max heard it because I saw how his smile got bigger.

...
After I packed my stuff max and me got to his jet and we left to Monaco.
———————————————————————————

Authors note: This should just be like a little foreword yk were I just tell u the little story before the actual story so like something about her. Next chapter will be a little time jump.