(1) You Were Always a Daydreamer

You Were Always a Daydreamer
Look at you, my pride and joy. You shine bright than every other girl and boy. You fill the light with color, bending the spectrum to your do desire. You look all over the shades of darkness and gray, a voice tells you there shall always be a better day.

What lies beneath the rotting surface is a woeful soul, trapped with living creatures telling you your assigned role. You remove the mask of some reality and pour in all your doses of creativity. You may not be perfect; you don't blend in with the mix... Knowing it can be shallow.

You see, the old CD player, can't rewind... But start back at a new beginning. Once you hear that wonderful music, it's gone forever. You've truly lost the ambitious experience of listening to that musical trail of notes.

They tell you, you can listen to it again, but.... You know the rest. A repetitive noise over and over does life become. Why should I carry on? There's no want to go back there, don't you think you've experienced it enough? Oh, come on, they all say life... Is tough. Can it ever be undone? I look upon everything done, much differently now.

Is it true we do improve? Progress? Adapt? I sound like I'm singing in a fairytale! ~ I sit in a wonderland I cannot escape, because the mirror on the other side refuses me to let go. I can't feel the ease of the portal, it's closed and tensed up, that's my fault though... Isn't it? I'm singing songs with the birds; one lands onto my finger. A prince or princess... They would still tell me, only the things I wanted to hear.

The void in my heart, will be filled in joy after hearing that. I'm sure, that the tightness of my chest and throat have disappeared! That's why I don't lay in bed feeling such a push, toss and turn the nightmares into a heaving vacuum of turmoil.

I'll never feel the rhythmically torturing rises and falls of the mountain, as it moves in only those directions. Could it be when I finally sleep, in a deep dream... All of it fades away?