Chapter 22 (OLD)

"ƭ૨µƭɦ"

Aether's POV:

The door slowly opened and I could see how a tired image of Xiao revealed itself from behind that door. His brows moved an inch but his tired expression didn't change a bit.

"Hi traveler. Do you need something?" - X

The way he asked was quite like if he gave me the cold shoulder. Before he always called me by my name, what's with the traveler all of the sudden? I suddenly lost control over my body and spoke without thinking.

"Yes Alatus, I do need something." - A

I stepped forward, causing him to back up. His tired expression became a quite surprised one then and even then I kept pushing it. I headed all the way until I was entirely inside his room so that I could close the door. The only thing he could say was theese words.

"What's with the formality? And- What the hell are you doing?" - A

Although I kept looking fiercly in his eyes. That is until I closed the door as soon as I could. I then lowered my gaze, placed my two hands on his chest and hid my troubled face under his chin.

"What's with the formality, you ask?" - A

I asked before letting out a giggle and raising my head to look up at him with an expression that I could not hide any longer. I was devastated.

"Rather, why the hell are you avoiding me since last night?! Was I not enough to please you?! Did you feel disgusted after or something?! You changed your mind once you looked at my naked body but still did it anyways?!" - A

Xiao's eyes opened wide and he quickly grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me away, leaning forward, looking deeply in my eyes and saying the following.

"What?! Nothing of the sort! What the hell are you thinking?!" - X

He then stepped back and held his head as he let out a sigh.

"I was just busy with matters related to Liyue." - X

"Who are you trying to fool? As an archon what could you possibly do?! Create mora?! Lie to the public?! Hide your identity?!" - A

He suddenly pushed me against the door and suddenly his surprised expression became as someone's who was on the verge of bursting out crying. Although, he didn't truly seem like he'd shed a single tear in this moment.

"Traveler!" - X

"There you go again. "Traveler."..." - A

Xiao grit his teeth and then he with a face of pure devastation he asked with a trembling voice.

"How am I supposed to act around you?..." - X

To that I opened my eyes wide and looked at him as the realisation hit me.

"This night with you is what I only could dream of before was a wish of mine since I got to know you. I believe you can act normal like if nothing happened but for me it's not the same!... Aether, Traveler... I can't act normal around you anymore. Whenever I see you I keep seeing images of you in my head... especially of that night. I... find you the entirety of you attractive, including your body. I just can't maintain my heart and mind whenever I'm around you." - X

He then let go of my shoulder and stepped back before turning his back on me. I was left speechless.

"...Sorry." - X

He said as he let out a sigh and held his head. I for a moment thought to myself on what could I possibly say in that moment, but I began saying it even before i finalized my thoughts.

"I get that you don't feel like you can act normal... But you don't need to be distant." - A

I took a few steps forward and turned him around looking in his eyes. He then asked with a trembling voice.

"When I see you I feel like I want to relive that night again Aether... I can not not be distant." - X

I slowly slid my hands to his and placed his hand on my hips as I deeply looked into his eyes before placing my hands over his shoulders.

"Then you can just hold me. But please don't push me away." - A

I spoke and then wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He after a bit wrapped his arms around me aswell, deepening our bond. I felt as his fast heartbeat slowly became a more calm one and as he burried his face into my neck.

"Does it help?" - A

"Yes.." - X

I smiled lightly and then after we raised our heads I pressed my lips against his and kissed him in a calm manner. He held me closer and the closer he held me the more I felt that I was about to fuse with him. He then slowly released me and looked me deeply in the eyes before speaking.

"Sleep here tonight." - X

"Sure." - A

824 words!

(A/N: sorry for short chapter)