Chapter 2

"𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓐𝓫𝔂𝓼𝓼 𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓴𝓮"

The next morning I woke up to the sound of yelling and chaos coming from outside. I sat up and then suddenly someone was agressively knocking on my door.

"Traveler!" - ?

I quickly got up and walked to my door and in the corner of my eyes I saw how Paimon sat up aswell, rubbing the corner of her eyes. I slowly opened the door and then one of the there living people's horrified expression welcomed me.

"Traveler! Hurry! The Inn is under attack!" - ?

Upon the hearing of that my eyes opened wide and with that I turned around, picked up my sword and with Paimon in my steps we swiftly ran straight out to the balcony. With one hand I grabbed the railing of the balcony and launched myself outside, falling towards the ground. Once I was closer to the ground I pulled out my wind glider for a second to soften the fall and then plunged my sword into the ground not far behind Verr Goldet, who was aiming a bow towards an Electro Abyss Herald. I stood next to her and with my weapon I took up a battle ready stance.

"Verr Goldet! What happened? Is everyone okay?!" - P

Paimon asked while she floated between me and Verr Goldet. Verr Goldet's expression slightly became more relieved and then said the following.

"8 people have been greatly injured and 3 have died. The injured people need to be evacuated so we have more freedom to fight!" - VG

I with that looked around and behind myself I saw a group of people sitting on the ground, either passed out or spitting out blood. With that I turned back to Verr Goldet and she continued.

"There are no vision bearers in the estate or nearby so we had to rely on sending someone to Liyue Harbor to call for help. But it's not even sure he makes it there so if possible we have to fend them off ourselves." - VG

My eyes went from right to left and my head turned while I looked around. I was hoping to see upcoming help but other than this group of visionless people who lived in Wangshu Inn there was no one in sight. Suddenly a scream struck from somewhere nearby. I turned my head to the source of the noise to see that a man had dropped his lance and was being choked by a Hydro Abyss Herald. I then dashed and with a sword strike on the Abyss Herald's arm I made him drop the victim. Then I used windblade and with a small tornado I first ran to a location where the nearest Electro Abyss Mage was lining up with the Hydro Abyss mage behind him. With that I created a small tornado that picked up the electro from the Abyss Mage's shield, and as the tornado made it's way forward it ended up killing the Hydro Abyss Herald.

In the corner of my eyes I saw how the man who was just attacked, with great bravery he made his way to the injured, picked up one of them and with them he made his way inside the building. Then as I looked up at the building I noticed as the Electro Abyss Herald not far from Verr Goldet was just about to strike down on someone else who just turned around to look at the brave resident who was rescuing people.

"Watch out!" - A

I yelled and then with my sword I dodged the attack. I then attacked the Abyss Herald continuously. The battle with the Abyss Order felt like it took at least an hour if not two. After I finished off the Abyss Heralds I moved onto the next strongest enemies, the Abyss Mages. After that we just cleared out Hilichurls, Mitachurls and Samachurls which was way easier to deal with. The fight then ended as my sword struck down the last Hilichurl standing. I looked up at the sun as I placed my hand above my eyes, trying to predict the time. It looked like the sun was quite high up in the sky so I assumed it could be around 9 AM at the time. I then wiped the sweat off of my forehead and let out a sigh of relief and made my sword vanish with a simple spin.

In the corner of my eyes I saw as teo feminine and a masculine figure made their way towards us. Once they got closer their faces were clearer. It was Ganyu, Keqing and a resident of Wangshu Inn. They straight run to Verr Goldet and Keqing immediately asked the following.

"Verr Goldet! What is the situation?" - K

Verr Goldet turned around as she was cleaning an arrow.

"The issue has already been dealt with. The number of dead and slightly injured people didn't change. All thanks to the Traveler of course. He helped us to fend off the enemy." - VG

Upon hearing my own name I turned in the direction with a curious look on my face, due to not hearing all that Verr Goldet said. Then Keqing's and Ganyu's eyes fallen on me so I made my way closer to the three of them.

"Traveler! You are back in Liyue?" - K

I responded simply with a nod.

"Welcome back!" - G&K

"How have things been?" - P

Paimon asked as she showed up from behind my back.

"Just as busy as before if not more. Ever since the Qixing took control over Liyue, of course we got busier aswell." - K

Ganyu just nodded, agreeing with Keqing.

"Talking about busy we better get going, we have a lot to do still. Verr Goldet you need help with something else?" - G

Verr Goldet shook her head and responded.

"No, but if you see doctor Baizhu tell him that we require him to pay a visit and check on the injured. He will be greatly payed of course." - VG

The two nodded and then said.

"Will do. Goodbye!" - K

"Goodbye!" - G

With that they walked back and headed back to Liyue Harbor. Paimon and I decided to get lunch since it was around noon. Once we finished we went to Liyue Harbor aswell to do commissions. After those were done we headed to a domain and did some domain exploration. We spent the rest of the day around Minlin, exploring. By the time we finished the night has already fallen so me and Paimon made our way back to Wangshu Inn in the intention of laying our heads to rest for the night.

1099 words!