To Protect

Paimon: inazuma is not a bad place. you know, paimon has a lot of fun here!

the little fairy said happily while kicking her tiny feet in the air.

next to her was aether who was resting near the kiminami restaurant.

as for dino... he was nowhere to be seen.

that didn't mean they didn't care about him.

ayaka and aether agreed to have another meeting regarding their plans against the vision hunt decree.

after a short nap, aether returned to the komore teahouse.

upon entering the teahouse, it was silent and deserted like a graveyard except for taroumaru's restless barking.

Paimon: how strange... paimon knew it was quiet, but not this quiet...

a bark that came from taroumaru as they approached the dog.

Taroumaru: woof... woof! woof...

reaching for his head, aether patted the dog until ayaka ran over with a worried expression.

Ayaka: hello, have you seen thoma?

Aether: no... i thought he was with you until now...

Paimon: did something happen?

taking a breath, ayaka closed her eyes before opening it again and looking at aether.

Ayaka: then as i feared... on the way here, he was captured by the tenryou commission...

upon hearing ayaka's words, aether's eyes widened in shock.

Aether: wait, what!?

Paimon: oh... thoma no...

ayaka continued to tell aether about the decree.

raiden shogun was holding a vision hunt decree ceremony at the statue of the omnipresent god.

with the capture of thoma, it marks the 100th vision captured under the decree.

Paimon: no... this can't be...

Aether: we were just laughing together yesterday... and now...

Ayaka: no matter what, i have to save him!

what she said was true, but given her status as the lady of kamisato and shirasagi himegimi, her actions would definitely affect others under or related to her.

thus, aether calmed ayaka down and let him take care of thoma. at first she insisted on coming along, but eventually they managed to convince her.

Ayaka: alright then, take care! i'll be waiting for your return...

Paimon: don't worry! we'll definitely save him... he's our friend too!

with one last smile, aether and paimon hurry off to the statue of the omnipresent god, where the execution will take place.

----

before all the people, the vision hunt ceremony is about to begin. thoma, his hands bound on the executioner's block, await for the raiden shogun's arrival to claim his vision which shall be laid upon the statue of the omnipresent god.

Thoma: ...

the crowds tensed up as the raiden shogun arrived.

the shogun uses her electro powers and thoma's vision sparks with electricity and detaches from his waist.

Thoma: ughh!

as its detaches from thoma's waist, the vision flies through the air towards raiden-

Aether: hah!