Five

Ya Ma Ain't Me ~ Chris Brown

A few days have passed and Monte has moved some of her things over to Ray's house. Ray and Monte have went out on a date the other night and it was one of the best nights she has ever had. He took her to a Thuy concert. She's a Vietnamese artist and she is really good and underrated. She had a lot of fun that night and they even took a couple videos together.

It was Monte's off day and she was over Ray's house again. They were slow dancing to some old music. Pitch Black by Chris Brown. Monte is a big fan of Breezy and has been since she was a little girl. They held each other close and slowly swayed side to side. It's like they were the only ones on the planet. She was always in some type of trance when she was in his arms. She never wanted to leave his side; almost as if she wanted to be in this man's skin. She wanted this type of love and attention, but she can never get it for some odd reason. Of course there are some things she has to work on for herself, but she knows what she wants.

The song changed to another and they were still together swaying side to side. This time it was Crush by Yuna. Monte sang the chorus to the song.

"I hope it's not too much...but boy when I'm with you I hear it, my heart singing La, La, La, La, la, La, La, la, La..." she sang.

Her eyes were closed as she was enjoying the moment of being present. Nothing else mattered at that moment but her and Ray. Ray, however, doesn't know if he even wants to take her serious again since she has messed up her chances, but he doesn't wanna make it seem like he's just using her. It's a mix of confusion right now, but in the end, who knows?

Monte sat in the chair and ate her pizza while Ray laid on the bed texting his friends. Chilling was apart of their routine and it wasn't really much. It was late in the evening and the skies were an orange-purple color. The sunset beamed through the window and hit Monte's skin. Her eyes would change color in the light from dark brown to light brown.

"He call yet?" Ray asked.

"No. Let's not bring him up,"

"You know you can still stay over here, right?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay,"

"Ray, you ever think about marriage?"

"Yeah...I don't think I'll be any time soon. At least not right now,"

"Well, I know I wanna get married. I'm just...I don't know. I don't think I'll even reach that point. I don't wanna think that way, but I don't wanna be past 40 and not married, you know?"

"Yeah, because at that point people are just living and not really trying to be held down. They just look after the nieces and nephews and sip wine. Men just chase after young women as if they didn't do that ALL of their youth. These young ones are NOT going to tolerate they shit either,"

"They all washed up and uncared for, they wanna look to the young hot things and think they won. We just want your money to be honest," Monte said.

"Then get mad when they ask for money. Nigga, you're a sugar daddy!"

"They just don't understand. But, I want something small and simple...the big thing can wait later. Anything past 5 years is a success to me. I just wanna be somebody's somebody. And then like, we can go on these cute honeymoons and shit. That will be so fucking awesome! What about you? Any honeymoon ideas?"

"Nah..."

"Oh...okay. Well, I gotta go back home to get more of my things. I will be right back,"

"Imma go with you,"

"I'll be okay. He's not home yet. He's out with his mom right now. I'm getting a couple of things and I will be right back,"

"Come right back,"

"I am,"