xii. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 (m)

//chapter twelve • the kinda gift I hate least (mature, mature)

//chapter twelve 
• the kinda gift I hate least (mature, mature)

THEY LEFT THE girls on the boat alone together over night. They got stoned on the weed JJ had left for them and they had a heart to heart. Sarah just wanted them to be friends again and while Kiara didn't necessarily agree, she promised not to be so hostile. More over, she promised she wouldn't bail out or hurt John B. That was all Kiara was ever really worried about. Kiara was a loyal person, a kinda friend, a caring friend, and she only wanted what was best for all of them. 

Meanwhile, while the girls had a heart to heart, and the day faded out into night, Andrew knew he should probably go home. He knew he'd be chewed out for having disappeared on his birthday, and he really wanted to check his phone to see if his dad had called, but at the same time, all of that didn't really seem worth it. He was pretty content with how things had gone. He wasn't quite ready to deal with the backlash. 

JJ offered to take him home. Andrew knew why he wanted to, or, he thought he did. But his chest hurt every time he remembered Kiara's words from Midsummers. And Andrew started to feel worse and worse. Or no, maybe worse wasn't the right word for it. Fearful, was probably better. 

But JJ took Andrew home via the Pogue boat, driving him out to the Cameron dock. Mentally, Andrew had to try and come up with a good excuse for Sarah's disappearance, but he also wondered that if he just stayed in the Druthers if he wouldn't be caught. The boat had pretty good air conditioning, maybe cooler than the generator ran one in the house. 

"Hey, pull up next to the Druthers." Andrew requested as they got close. 

"Aye aye." JJ says as he steers the boat up next to the nicer fishing boat. 

Andrew stood up to climb onto the Druthers, about to grab the edge, when JJ spoke again. 

"Hey, wait." 

The brunet froze before lowering his arms, stepping back to glance at the blond who turning off the boat, stepping around the steering panel and walking up to the shorter boy. Andrew tensed when JJ stopped in front of him and pulled a small black fabric bag out of his pocket. 

"Maybank━" Andrew grumbled annoyedly when he saw it, suspecting it to be a birthday gift. 

"You are such a grouch, you know that?" JJ teased, smiling despite Andrew's glare. 

"So you've said." 

"Just take it." 

"No. I hate birthday gifts." The brunet snapped, glaring at the black bag. 

"Then don't take it as a birthday gift. Just take it as a gift." 

"I hate all gifts." 

"Then take it was the kind of gift you hate least." The blond retorts as he caught Andrew's wrist and set the fabric bag in his hand.